User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Last question.....Since I'm going to have to replace the ATS, I've found the same model Furrion AT-50 on Amazon. Is it probably as good as any, or is there another that would give better service. At $160, it seems in the same price range and via Prime I can have it in hand in a couple of days. Thoughts?
    If the one on Amazon has the cable openings & layout as yours, then buy it b/c it'll be easiest to install.
    There's just a couple HD Relays/Contactors, a time delay circuit board in these ATS.
    F50-ATS Instructions - Furrion -
    They're only going to last so many years from burned/pitted contacts.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    In general I'm not impressed with most of the Furrion gear on my rig, I'd be looking for something better, but I don't have a specific recommendation.
    I would tend to agree with ncitro WRT Furrion stuff. I see there is what looks to be a GoPower equivalent for about the same money. I have no experience to say that the GoPower is better . . . but, you have already had one Furion unit fail. https://www.defender.com/category.js...C328%7C2290035

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    If the one on Amazon has the cable openings & layout as yours, then buy it b/c it'll be easiest to install.
    There's just a couple HD Relays/Contactors, a time delay circuit board in these ATS.
    F50-ATS Instructions - Furrion -
    They're only going to last so many years from burned/pitted contacts.
    True, and since were into our 5th year of full-time travel in this rig, its been cycled a bunch. Even though I'm not necessarily a Furrion fan, it'll make a replacement easy.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-up and a hiccup.

So I received the new transfer switch and finally got it installed a few days ago. Everything tested and worked fine. Left Denver today for Cheyenne, arrived here and once again just 1 leg. Tried the generator - get full power - tried to switch back to SP and just one leg again. I did that a few times with no joy. So, I took my portable Progressive EMS off the cable and plugged directly in and get full power. I had done extensive trials with it off the cable using the old transfer switch with no positive outcome. Do you think maybe I had BOTH a problem transfer switch AND a failing EMS? It is also 4 years old and has been in use every day during that time. I'm wondering if perhaps on less than full voltage it cannot get the job done? In the original park where the problem came up, It was reporting 117v on one leg and 116v on the other. The last 2 parks where the old transfer switch appeared to work both reported over 120v on both legs (and the EMS was in-line). The park today with the failure is showing 118/116.

Wanted to get additional feedback before I drop another $300+ (or whatever they are these days) on a new EMS . Thoughts?
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progressive EMS have lifetime warranties.
    http://www.progressiveindustries.net/warranty

118/116 volts is fine. My portable EMS worked fine at 110 volt connection.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry - I know that should be fine...just wondering if the lower voltage might be affecting the unit. I know it should work down to 112v, but as I stated, the parks where I seemed to experience issues were lower than 120v per leg. Seems funny I'd get both legs when I take the EMS off. Just grasping at straws here.

FYI I also just sent a note to Progressive Industries asking their advice since these units have a lifetime warranty.
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you lose one leg pull the trailer plug out 1/4” of the EMS outlet to expose the plug blades. Be careful and measure voltage of each leg at the EMS output.

That will tell you if you if it’s the EMS that is dropping the leg.

Jerry.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    When you lose one leg pull the trailer plug out 1/4” of the EMS outlet to expose the plug blades. Be careful and measure voltage of each leg at the EMS output.

That will tell you if you if it’s the EMS that is dropping the leg.

Jerry.
    Great idea, Jerry. I'll try that! Thanks.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan,
    So the lower voltages seem to be the trigger for the problem. I guess something is aging or malfunctioning since I expect you've had voltages lower than 120VAC many times.

Jerry's tip is a good idea to try to eliminate the EMS-PT50X.
    The EMS should just switch the Neutral, L1, L2 all On or Off to the RV via it's 3 pole contactor. Looks like all its voltage and current sensing is on the Line/Pedestal side.
    EMS-PT50X:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1647.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	13341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1646.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	13342

And the Mini-EMS in the Momentum is an extra piece of equipment that can drop off some circuits. Your 1st post said it read 50A, so it's supposed to go to sleep.

Name:	Mini-EMS - 2018 Momentum.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	13343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mini-EMS Diagram -  2013 Momentum.jpg 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	13344

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Alan,
    So the lower voltages seem to be the trigger for the problem. I guess something is aging or malfunctioning since I expect you've had voltages lower than 120VAC many times.

Jerry's tip is a good idea to try to eliminate the EMS-PT50X.
    The EMS should just switch the Neutral, L1, L2 all On or Off to the RV via it's 3 pole contactor. Looks like all its voltage and current sensing is on the Line/Pedestal side.
    EMS-PT50X:

Name:	DSCF1647.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	13341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1646.jpg 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	13342

And the Mini-EMS in the Momentum is an extra piece of equipment that can drop off some circuits. Your 1st post said it read 50A, so it's supposed to go to sleep.

Name:	Mini-EMS - 2018 Momentum.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	13343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mini-EMS Diagram -  2013 Momentum.jpg 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	13344

Gene
    Gene - I'll have to check Jerry's suggestion tomorrow. On the EMS in the MO, it does look like the lower pic in that it shows the Amps used and the load of the major functions. When both legs are on, the EMS initially lights, then the display clears unless the button is pushed. When only 1 leg is active, the display comes on and stays on.....same as under generator operation.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast