User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metal Valve Stems for 16 inch Lynx Aluminum Wheels

Ordered Goodyear G614 tires for my 2015 369RL with 16 inch aluminum Lynx wheels. Discount Tire could not get the metal valve stems for 2 weeks minimum and suggested I purchase my own metal valve stems. Does any know the diameter of the valve stem hole on the Lionshead Lynx aluminum wheels - 16x6 with 8 lugs on 6.6 inch bolt circle. I called a Trailer Frame and Wheel shop that sells Lionshead wheels but they have to call Lionshead to get the valve stem diameter. Thanks for any help.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The valve stem hole is 0.625" diameter for the 8 lug Lynx wheels according to LionsHead. These wheels are pretty thick. When I replaced my valve stems with standard ones from Nichole's Manufacturing (to mount Ford TPMS sensors), there was barely enough threads to catch the nut.

Note: The bolt circle is 8 on 6.5" (not 6.6 that you mentioned).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Chris. Yes the 6.6 was a typo.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had did the Ford TPMS and Sailun tires today. I had to order the custom valve stems. Tried the standard ones and the threads were to short. I ordered from Nicholas as well. Tire and valve stem install was 20 a tire from Sam's club.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does easy one know the rim hole size of the 16” 16x6 Lyonshead Jaguar wheel. I’m at the tire dealer and called Lyonshead 2x voicemail, GD customer service (they don’t know) and my dealer. No one.knows and the spec on Lyonshead website does not indicate rim hole size. I think it’s.625.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike, Marta & Mack L
    2016 F-350, Diesel, SRW, Lariat, 6.5 bed
    2016 Jayco 26.5 BHS. (Traded didn't need the bunks)
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&D Patriot Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the 8 lug (heavy duty) rims are 0.625" valve stem hole diameter. I think the 16x6 6 lug are also 0.625" but have not verified it myself.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought some off of eTrailer that came with washers to fit in both sized stem holes.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the valve stems used by TucsonJim. Post #8 on this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ght=Valve+stem It is not clear which size adapter is correct, both these stems come with .625 and a smaller size. The good thing about these stems is that the nut is on the outside (like OEM truck stems).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote82 View Post
    Does easy one know the rim hole size of the 16” 16x6 Lyonshead Jaguar wheel. I’m at the tire dealer and called Lyonshead 2x voicemail, GD customer service (they don’t know) and my dealer. No one.knows and the spec on Lyonshead website does not indicate rim hole size. I think it’s.625.
    I put my Sailuns on today at Discount Tire. The 16 inch 16 x 6 Lionshead uses a rim whole size of .453 the smaller one. The ones I got from Amazon did not work. Discount had the metal valve stems with a long extended nut. The tires from Simple were $623 shipped an Discount mounting $104.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike, Marta & Mack L
    2016 F-350, Diesel, SRW, Lariat, 6.5 bed
    2016 Jayco 26.5 BHS. (Traded didn't need the bunks)
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&D Patriot Slider

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a 2015 Reflection I have the 16" 6x5.5". Valve stem hole is .453" and has recess near the hole so the washer on 416 valve stem wouldn't fit.
    So got this type - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Valve Stems.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	13605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metal Valve Stems1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	13606
    Xtra Seal Bolt-In Valve - Fits Rim Hole Diameter 0.453 Inch
    Part # 17-428 Line: XTS

Found this on another forum:
    "Typically, a TR416 clamp-in metal stem will suffice, and many tire stores will carry it..........or you can purchase them at automotive stores and take them with you to a tire store to be sure.
    Most TR416 will come with two rubber grommets, so they can be used in wheels with either a .453 valve stem diameter hole...... or a .625 valve stem diameter hole.
    You ONLY use the rubber grommet that fits your hole size (typically the .453) and throw the other grommet away. I stress this point because I have seen many cases of untrained tire personnel who are unfamiliar with these type of stems, try to use the grommets on the inside and the other grommet on the outside of the wheel stem hole. It leaks big time when they try to do this.
    You only use the right size grommet, which is placed at the very bottom of the stem (small lip facing the top of stem). The grommet goes inside the wheel, then the washer and nut go on the outside of the wheel, tightened down enough to seal the rubber grommet coming from inside the wheel. (don't overtighten as the stem can cut the grommet if too much force is exerted)
    I explain all of this, so you can make sure it is done correctly, as you need to watch the install. Like said, I have seen and read too many stories of tire guys who don't know what they are doing with these stems.
    --------------------------------------------
    Now, you may possibly have a wheel (aluminum) that the valve stem hole is actually too close to the wheel flange, so as the outside washer/nut on a TR416 cannot lie flat and have room to tighten.
    If this is your case, you may need what is called a TR428 (I think is the part #). This clamp-in style stem has an extended nut, that is also smaller diameter...that let's you tighten it when used on wheels that have the valve stem hole close to the outer rim flange.
    Most tire stores are not going to carry this TR428, and it would be in your best interest to purchase them beforehand and take them with you."
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast