User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking black tank valve-2018 Imagine 2500 RL

We’ve been out twice so far this season, and I noticed that our black tank valve has a slow leak when in the shut off position. I was considering changing it out myself, but then I saw that it is enclosed in the insulated underbelly. Any ideas on a possible cause/ remedy on this problem?
    Also, the pull handle for one of our grey tank valves is missing, it was held on by a small screw. The only ones I can find at RV stores and Amazon are the thread on types. Can anyone tell me where to get one original to our trailer?
    Many thanks in advance!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You can look at adding a gate valve to your outlet to avoid the surprise when you remove your cap. Can use this until you can get unit in to have it looked at. Many use these anyway just in case.

2. Sorry I don't have answer for this one.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, that would be the 4” slide on valve that installs on the end of the pipe?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl2GaScotts View Post
    1. You can look at adding a gate valve to your outlet to avoid the surprise when you remove your cap. Can use this until you can get unit in to have it looked at. Many use these anyway just in case.

2. Sorry I don't have answer for this one.
    Thanks very much, I just ordered a gate valve from Amazon. I didn’t know such a thing existed!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to replace my black valve. For the same reason GD sent me a new valve and it took about 1 1/2 hours to unscrew a bunch of screws to pull the belly down and replace it I used pond foam to seal the gaps back up like they did at the factory.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I had to replace my black valve. For the same reason GD sent me a new valve and it took about 1 1/2 hours to unscrew a bunch of screws to pull the belly down and replace it I used pond foam to seal the gaps back up like they did at the factory.
    Good to know. I think I may go that route after the season, as I am not very impressed with my local dealership’s service department.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tubes from the tanks have a ways to travel to get to the end. When you dump if the trailer is level or even leaning to the other side you will have some waste left in the tube. With driving that waste will find its way to the end of the pipe so that when you take the cap off you will have some come out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally would replace the missing T handle with a "thread on" if you can find one that fits. The type with the set screws come loose and end up missing. I have one on the Crusader that regularly comes loose and when I "get round to it" will get a thread on T handle. I also recommend getting a clear sewer connection, I use a 45 degree one, so you can see if there is a collection of waste ready to dump in your lap when you take the cap off to connect the hose.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our grey tank handles fell off while we were driving. Checked the other grey tank handle and the black tank handle and the screws were loose on both so I tightened them down. Went to the dealership to order a replacement and they had one in stock. It came in a plastic bag with the screw.

The part number on the bag is 90CMA1G, which I guess is a Grand Design part number.

It was only about $3. The dealer told me that anything comes loose and falls off the trailer is not covered under warranty. It is the owners responsibility to keep everything tightened.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    I personally would replace the missing T handle with a "thread on" if you can find one that fits. The type with the set screws come loose and end up missing. I have one on the Crusader that regularly comes loose and when I "get round to it" will get a thread on T handle. I also recommend getting a clear sewer connection, I use a 45 degree one, so you can see if there is a collection of waste ready to dump in your lap when you take the cap off to connect the hose.
    Will the thread on handle work on the valve rod? It didn’t seem to have any threading to accept that type of handle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast