User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke detectors

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our unit arrived at the dealer a couple of days ago and we are picking it up next week. Poking around and lo and behold, it looks like the range vent has an outside exhaust. That makes me happy.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my 2am alarm this morning. It's the LP and CO alarm that is on the 379 FL. A little scary when camping in freezing temps. It reset once then two hours later it went off and wouldn't reset. Had to go to my tools and get a real tester to check. No CO no LP, a bad detector. Went back to bed eventually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	1663

Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    Anyone else have issue with the smoke decters going off in their campers? Every time we cook it seems it goes off, and no we aren't burning the food! It also seems like the microwave vents to the inside of the trailer instead of the outside. I guess thatbis one more thing to add to the punch list when the trailer goes in for service.
    Scott & Carol Albuquerque, New Mexico
    2012 Ram 2500 Bagged, Tweaked Hard
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    Onan RV 5500 LP
    50 amp direct wired surge guard
    Go Power 3000 watt Inverter
    F1103110

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    Our unit arrived at the dealer a couple of days ago and we are picking it up next week. Poking around and lo and behold, it looks like the range vent has an outside exhaust. That makes me happy.
    Agreed. The range hood on my 303RLS vents outside too. Just remember to secure the vent flap for travel and undo it when you need to use it.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

agoutdoors
    in our 385TH the kitchen roof vent is the also the stove vent (via the microwave). I specifically asked about this also at the dealer and was told and shown that the roof vent and microwave was the way to vent cooking on the stove. I am not really happy about it either as the roof vent must be open to vent...and I live in Washington state. If that is the way they are going to do it, they should put up a vent cover so you can operate it in the rain. I just installed a $60 roof vent and now we won't have to worry about it. This is the kind of thing that a manufacturer should do from the get go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2014 Momentum 385TH and the smoke detector is a problem with the toast and cooking I take the batteries out and then forget to put them back! so will get the photoelectric type.
    As to the extract fan under the microwave we had GD supply the kit and the dealer did the conversion to extract to the out side via a flap vent on the slide out we had ask for this but it was not done in the build stage.

I said at the time to GD and on the forum it should be done as standard, (the old Raptor had one going out side) GD said it has the vent in the ceiling and that should be all you need, we said if its raining hard you cannot have that open so need a alternative system, saying that the noise from the fan in our microwave is so bad and the updraft is not that good we just have it on for a short time or open the door!!
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12