User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob we too have been havng a problem with the valves. Either leaking or not wanting to close properly. At one of the rally's we took the trailer to the service center to have them replaced. Didn't take long to start to have problems again. What I did find when replacing the valve last year myself was that it is nearly impossible to not have a leak. In fact it is leaking again. To me it seemed like the discharge tube and the tank are not perfectly aligned so there is always pressure pulling or pushing the valve one way or another causing a leak or binding. Now that we are back home I am going at it again. This time I am going to cut the discharge pipe and put a piece of rubber plumbing tubing to reconnect. My thought is that will give it just enough flexibility for them to sit straight hopefully solving the problem. Also I do agree about the routing of the cable. A big problem is that GD just attaches the cable without adjusting the lengths to allow them to work properly. Cutting them to length is an easy job. Then instead of trying to route an extra foot or two all over the place to get them to work. Two things when running the cables is the cable needs at least 1 ft of being straight coming off the valve or handle to keep from binding, They cant have any tight loops or bends either or they will bind up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi minnow101 - Dropping the coroplast would be necessary unless the zerk fitting were on extended lines . . . I considered this. But, since I am reworking all this area anyway . . . I decided that the area where the gate valves/tank sensors/plumbing are located should really have much easier "service access". I am also working an opening panel in the coroplast, into the renovation plan .

Rob
    Has anyone though about accessing the valves by cutting through the plywood above the tanks in the basement? My black tank valve isn’t closing properly and I’m trying to figure the best way to access it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    Has anyone though about accessing the valves by cutting through the plywood above the tanks in the basement? My black tank valve isn’t closing properly and I’m trying to figure the best way to access it.
    I would not go this route. You run the risk of cutting directly into the tank, and it might not even give you adequate access. Besides, you will want to put some absorbent under the valve as some liquid will come out when you go to replace the valves. Also, some models have tanks stacked, my Momentum had a gray tank physically over another gray tank. You will need access to the header pipes as well when reassembling the valve to make sure there are no leaks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I would not go this route. You run the risk of cutting directly into the tank, and it might not even give you adequate access. Besides, you will want to put some absorbent under the valve as some liquid will come out when you go to replace the valves. Also, some models have tanks stacked, my Momentum had a gray tank physically over another gray tank. You will need access to the header pipes as well when reassembling the valve to make sure there are no leaks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quick reply. All god points. I would definitely set the saw at exactly the thickness of the plywood, or maybe slightly less, and carefully chunck out the remainder. Would also provide for spillage underneath, but then it wouldn’t be on me lol. And before starting something so invasive, I’d probably call GD first. Just wanted to get other’s thoughts on the process. Thinking it might be easier to work from above than below.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Reflection 5th wheel 31MB with the bunkhouse. Love the plan, but I've got that one gate valve under the slideout that is for the gray water tank for the kitchen sink. Horrible design. The handle with the long cable to frozen in place and tried to empty tank for the first time and can't budge the handle. Any suggestions before I pick up and haul it into the dealer and let them deal with it? Why did GD even worry about another gray tank and couldn't a release handle underneath the sink in the cabinet work even better?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar123 View Post
    I just bought a Reflection 5th wheel 31MB with the bunkhouse. Love the plan, but I've got that one gate valve under the slideout that is for the gray water tank for the kitchen sink. Horrible design. The handle with the long cable to frozen in place and tried to empty tank for the first time and can't budge the handle. Any suggestions before I pick up and haul it into the dealer and let them deal with it? Why did GD even worry about another gray tank and couldn't a release handle underneath the sink in the cabinet work even better?
    Shoot some PB Blaster or WD-40 where the pull cable goes into the sleeve.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This what I use. I spray as much as I can into the cable housing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87407991-8462-48AD-8A43-5432D21F3327.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	35940
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0610278A-CE90-4055-8D32-63C1E4184931.jpg  
    Last edited by Kevin2282; 08-08-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a reply to this post and an update to my previous post, about possibly accessing the valves from above.

Had a mobile tech come out to replace the black tank valve on my Solitude 384 GK-R. He had one hell of a time getting to the valve. I was exhausted by just watching. The whole process was made more complicated because we are at a campground that has no sewer hook ups. But it’s a great relief to have that (leaking black tank valve) fixed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234