Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you take your RV to another dealer for service?

We received our Reflection 337RLS at the end of March. Our dealership damaged it during cleaning when an employee got a blue ink spot on a wall panel. I dropped the rig off 10 days ago with our dealership to get the panel repaired along with some other items. The dealer didn't know how to fix the panel, and didn't call GD for several days for assistance. Then, for what ever reason, they didn't order the parts to fix it.

Yesterday, I called to check on status, and they said they had all the items fixed with the exception of the panel. Since we're leaving soon for an extended road trip, we agreed to have the work done in September.

I went to pick up the rig today, and some of the other items we needed fixed hadn't even been touched. This made me quite unhappy. When I went to let the service manager know, I was told "he's with other customers right now and can't be disturbed".

We really like our new RV, and the Grand Design team is top notch. The dealership's sales and finance team were terrific to work with. But it all falls apart and leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I'm dissatisfied with service after the sale.

There are several RV dealers in Tucson and surrounding areas. I wonder if it would be possible to have my service work done there?

Comments/ideas?

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    I've been following you thread since it started, IMHO you're being very patient about your situation. I'm fairly new to the RV lifestyle, about 6 months, but the first thing I've learned is that the most difficult part about this is finding a good, reliable, and honest service facility. I was a GM dealer master tech and engine builder, I have spoken with a few RV service places and am still uncomfortable with any of them. Luckily the issues I've had I was able to fix myself. So far GD has been great to deal with. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go to another dealer. I hope in the future once GD has more clout they can go out and find service facilities that meet the same standards as their manufacturing. Good luck keep us posted.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When in doubt, talk to the owner personally. If he's no help, contract Grand Designs. And don't hesitate to publish the dealer's name.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I met with one of the dealer's managers yesterday, and he expressed quite a bit of concern about how things have been handled so far. He was personally going to get involved with my next service appt. when I return in September to make sure I'm 100% satisfied. I'll give them the benefit of doubt and try them again.

Vietvet66-67
    It's a shame, but sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel....LOL. Good luck on your trip and have fun.