Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RoadDog66, have you watched this video?

At about 2:15 of the video he says that you have to remove all the screws in the metal strip holding the exterior seal and remove it to access the motor. I'm still not sure where the motor retaining screw is. In the video it looks like it's accessed from the interior. I hope the motor is removable from the exterior. The way my trailer is built there is no way I can get to that area due to walls being very close there.

Hope all goes well!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I saw it and a few others. He removes the motor from the inside. That is what this video was about, their new design with the notch in the track making it "easier". So unfortunately you'll have to find a way to get to yours from inside unless you want to remove that exterior track and all those screws and then re-glue seal the track. When I looked for my motor inside I only had about 8 inches of space between the wall and the slide wall about a foot from top of slide to ceiling to work in. Also had to deal with the fascia trim boards which look very securely installed and not easily removed. Very tight quarters indeed, but manageable.

I still can't find the correct motor mount screw either. Hopefully somebody has some idea.
    Last edited by RoadDog66; 05-30-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added info
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So has anyone had the same trouble finding the motor mount screw?

I'm planning to try and test the new wiring harness on Wed or Thurs this week. I'm still not certain it's just the harness. I'll provide my results after.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    B&W RVK3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced three motors on my Schwintek slides. The screw you removed from the outside appears to be the correct one. The motor may be difficult to remove due to the rotational strain on the shaft. I have used a screwdriver to pry the motor up, and it required some effort. All of my motor failures were the result of the wiring on the motor harness and wiring leads. I had them repaired by a local electronics repair shop (those wires were too small for my old eyes) and I carry them as spares.
    Best of luck.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a couple of schwintek troubleshooting guides.
    This one looked more helpful to me: https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...ting-Guide.pdf
    than this one: https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0272.pdf
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim. I initially tried light prying to the motor but was afraid to damage it. If I need to I'll try more force.

Do you recall if you have to first rotate the motor before trying to remove it? Or does it just go straight up?
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    B&W RVK3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I plugged in the new harness and still have same error code so the 1st tech was wrong and its not the harness. I guess the wiring issues is upstream from the controller box towards the switch somewhere. Or it could still be the motor.

Does anyone know a way to test if the motor is good/bad? Could I just plug it in to the good side wiring harness and try to operate it? I'm not good with electrical stuff.

I was able to remove the motor and discovered some corrosion/rust on the shaft and coupler gear it sits in. I sprayed CRC lube on those areas and put the motor back. Gonna try to drop one side of the underbelly near the back tomorrow look for how the wiring harness and switch wires are run.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    B&W RVK3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after testing the switch wires to the controller, the power & ground wires to the controller, any fuse I could find, and the battery wires I did the last thing I could think of trying...pulled & swapped the motors. Tried it with just M2 in the M1 side and well M2 ran the slide. So I guess it's a bad M1. The weird thing is when I put M2 on M1 side with M1 connected up too (but in M2 side) I still got the error code #9 (one green flash/nine red) saying it was M1 which it shouldn't because it's plugged into M2 harness. Like I said M2 is now running the slide in/out from M1 side on M1 harness.

I ordered another motor to see if that solves my issue. I sure hope it does because I'm running out of options.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    B&W RVK3600

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog66 View Post
    So after testing the switch wires to the controller, the power & ground wires to the controller, any fuse I could find, and the battery wires I did the last thing I could think of trying...pulled & swapped the motors. Tried it with just M2 in the M1 side and well M2 ran the slide. So I guess it's a bad M1. The weird thing is when I put M2 on M1 side with M1 connected up too (but in M2 side) I still got the error code #9 (one green flash/nine red) saying it was M1 which it shouldn't because it's plugged into M2 harness. Like I said M2 is now running the slide in/out from M1 side on M1 harness.

I ordered another motor to see if that solves my issue. I sure hope it does because I'm running out of options.
    Man this problem turned into a pain. Hope the replacement motor fixes it.
    Which motor PN did you end up ordering?

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motors are model #236575 in my unit. These are the 300:1 speed.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    B&W RVK3600

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast