Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final update on this issue. It was definitely the motor. I installed the new motor and no error codes and the slide runs in/out just fine. I'm guessing the bad motor has a short in it which caused the #9 error. So if you get the #9 error code "Hall Pwr Short to Gnd" don't assume because it says short to ground that it's a wiring harness or switch wire issue like I did.

Positive take away from all this is that I learned so much more about my GD 5th wheel and that with the help from the good folks on this forum any situation can be remedied. Thank you all that contributed.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you nailed it!
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for information.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - good to hear, RD66 !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just discovered this code “hall pwr short to gnd” everything seems to be working, but my battery is going dead while plugged in. Any thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 Reflection 27RL. The living room slide is a Schwintek style. The first time the slide was coming in and stopped about 6” in, I talked to Lippert Tech. He said to reset manual override box from its “Hall power short to ground” error. He said if the motors were good and I had a ground, flipping the slide button quickly back and forth 3-5 times would clear the board then push and hold the slide button, it should activate the slide. Fortunately, this happened.
    The following week we went camping. When breaking camp this same slide quit again while inward. I repeated what I had done the week before. This time it didn’t react. After trying numerous times, we called a trailer sales company nearby. The tech said that this system binds up very easily and that being level is critical. He said to hitch up and raise the landing legs so just the hitch and tires had pressure on them. Clear the error code and try the slide. Thank God that worked since they said they were back logged 2 weeks! I’ve learned to have the level bubbles dead center. So until I can get it checked further, dead center leveling is what I make sure the rig is. Hope this helps if it’s not a motor or ground issue. It appears to be a safety thing to stop if bound up. If I find out further, I’ll update the post. Happy Camping!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123