Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had our unit out last weekend and had no issues with odor this time. The only thing we did differently... we collected the rinse water in the kitchen sink until we were finished with dishes and then drained. Thanks for all of the responses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 350 Momentum. We just had the same problem with the sewer smell in the bedroom. After reading the information on several posts on this site we went to Menards and replaced the AAV’s in the kitchen and bathroom. No more sewer smell. And before we did this we contacted two dealerships who had never heard of the problem!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Imagine 2250RK with rear kitchen. Our vent for kitchen grey tank is on outside back wall. It is black and oval in shape. Check to see if it is blocked by dirt dobber mud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out with our 2019 2800BH that's a few months old. Sewer/skunk smell is pretty bad in the bedroom and we thought it was coming from the bedroom 2nd ac (which was only used once so far when we bought it to test it). Realized the smell must be tied to the gray tank zero smell under the sink. Makes me think either the gray tank vent is cracked/lose at the connection and the smell is coming out of the wall or the smell is coming out of the vent on the roof and then coming down through the ac unit (not sure since it seems well sealed off).

Oh the fun... Haha
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Battery issues will also cause a sewer smell.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marymac79 View Post
    We have a 350 Momentum. We just had the same problem with the sewer smell in the bedroom. After reading the information on several posts on this site we went to Menards and replaced the AAV’s in the kitchen and bathroom. No more sewer smell. And before we did this we contacted two dealerships who had never heard of the problem!
    Can you please post a picture of the vent so I know what exactly what I am looking for? I will then upgrade mine to. Thanks Steve
    2018 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel 3.73 AISIN
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you only have the smell when you are hooked up? On my Reflection, we have a rear bathroom and when I leave the rear dump tube connected and grey tank open to drain I eventually get a sewer smell into the trailer. Maybe I am missing some venting but the cause for me was RV parks sewer smell coming into trailer from open grey value. This same problem does not occur with the front, only the the rear. Once I closed the rear grey the smell would go away.
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    2016 GD Reflection 357BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with my 2018bh, the vent stack is close to the ceiling vents and coming in the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Mary View Post
    Can you please post a picture of the vent so I know what exactly what I am looking for? I will then upgrade mine to. Thanks Steve
    @Steve&Mary,

Not so much of an upgrade as just a direct replacement. You shouldn't need to change out an air admittance valve unless it's gone bad. However, it's a great idea to have a replacement AAV on hand just in case, to keep a camping trip from being spoiled.

You can find pictures of some parts on the parts lookup section of the Grand Design website:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/22141
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sitruc1978 View Post
    I have the same problem with my 2018bh, the vent stack is close to the ceiling vents and coming in the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah this is the only thing that made sense to me except the fact that we have the 2nd ac unit which should be sealed decently well enough from the outside right? I mean it pulls air from I side the trailer, conditions it across the coils and returns it. Just the ammou t of smell coming in didn't seem like it was seeping in. If it is, then I would imagine if get water leaks as well.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast