User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was my wife’s idea. She described what she wanted and Sanford RV Repair in Sanford FL. made it happen. Sorry, no pictures of the process.

There where two vertical supports that needed to be moved. Theses were used to hang the doors. Added some bracing to the top and bottom. Used metal 90 angle to reinforce edges of opening. Covered the opening frame with the panel cut to make the opening. Size of opening was determined by clearance between the wall and raised bed/bench.
    Last edited by slhicks; 06-20-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing on my to do list
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We u,se the area for storage of light items such as bedding, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. No way to test the load capability of loft as a result of the change. Still working on how to close the living area side. Thought of stained plywood with velcor to hold it in place. Any thoughts?

Thought of suggesting to Grand Design that they make this an option for buyers that would never use this area for a bed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slhicks View Post
    Still working on how to close the living area side. Thought of stained plywood with velcor to hold it in place. Any thoughts?
    When I do mine, I'm going to use the piece of wallboard I cut out to close the living side
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone. We are new owners of a 351M and looking at this same idea. I looked around our trailer for a door that might fit. Don't know if anyone else has done it but I contacted Grand Design about purchasing cabinet doors so we could keep the same style. I was informed that any doors in my own unit or any other unit can be ordered. The strange thing was that I would need to order by VIN so I would get exactly what I wanted. I figure it might be more expensive but it will be the same style and besides, I do not have the tools to make my own. I believe its a job I can tackle though and the previously posted photos and details help a lot! Another idea out of this job is to reroute the a/c vent from the upper bunk area to the half bath in the garage. I plan on keeping it simple by using ducting routed straight from the existing vent into the upper wall in the restroom. Please excuse for any errors in posting, I never post anywhere, so this is a learning experience. On our maiden voyage, I found only 3 minor repairs that I took care of on my own. I look forward to taking our motorcycle out on rides while camping.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    Hello everyone. We are new owners of a 351M and looking at this same idea. I looked around our trailer for a door that might fit. Don't know if anyone else has done it but I contacted Grand Design about purchasing cabinet doors so we could keep the same style. I was informed that any doors in my own unit or any other unit can be ordered. The strange thing was that I would need to order by VIN so I would get exactly what I wanted. I figure it might be more expensive but it will be the same style and besides, I do not have the tools to make my own. I believe its a job I can tackle though and the previously posted photos and details help a lot! Another idea out of this job is to reroute the a/c vent from the upper bunk area to the half bath in the garage. I plan on keeping it simple by using ducting routed straight from the existing vent into the upper wall in the restroom. Please excuse for any errors in posting, I never post anywhere, so this is a learning experience. On our maiden voyage, I found only 3 minor repairs that I took care of on my own. I look forward to taking our motorcycle out on rides while camping.
    Let me know how it goes on the AC move. I have found that if you just turn on the vent fan in the half bath it pulls the air from the garage under the door and quickly cools of the small area of the half bath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12