Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower Leak

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower Leak

Well we returned from our first real use of our 369RL. We came back with a short punch list of things that need to be correct. The most disturbing concern water leaks. Our dining room slide seems to be leaking but I couldn't find where the pesky water was intruding. Even more concerning was our shower. It appears that the faucet fixture is leaking, especially around the hot water side as well as the hose. The hose appears to be tight. Even more distrubing is the fact that after a shower there is water coming out from betweent the base of the shower unit and the floor. This could be either a drain leak issue, or related to the faucet issue, as the water leak appears to be coming from behind. When we hooked up to depart, there was a lot of water runnig out of the trailer. I have some concerns needless to say about the water leakage and the amount. I attached a phone here of the water running out, it is kind of hard to see, but this was the lowest point of the trailer at the time. It came out for a good 10-15 minutes, which to me is more than just runoff and condensation. We are heading back out again this weekend, but the trailer is scheduled for service on the 29th of the month. I am hopeful that the Customer Service and warrenty service are as good as they seem to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solitude Leak.jpg  
    Last edited by dloase; 05-19-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: wrong attachment
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that much water leaking, I would cancel the next trip and wait till it is seen at the dealer for repair. It sounds like a loose connection somewhere, if you have pressurized water all the time, it could cause a lot of water to be leaked. From you statement of 10-15 minutes of water running out of low point on trailer, it seems like there was a lot of water somewhere. JMHO.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    Well we returned from our first real use of our 369RL. We came back with a short punch list of things that need to be correct. The most disturbing concern water leaks. Our dining room slide seems to be leaking but I couldn't find where the pesky water was intruding. Even more concerning was our shower. It appears that the faucet fixture is leaking, especially around the hot water side as well as the hose. The hose appears to be tight. Even more distrubing is the fact that after a shower there is water coming out from betweent the base of the shower unit and the floor. This could be either a drain leak issue, or related to the faucet issue, as the water leak appears to be coming from behind. When we hooked up to depart, there was a lot of water runnig out of the trailer. I have some concerns needless to say about the water leakage and the amount. I attached a phone here of the water running out, it is kind of hard to see, but this was the lowest point of the trailer at the time. It came out for a good 10-15 minutes, which to me is more than just runoff and condensation. We are heading back out again this weekend, but the trailer is scheduled for service on the 29th of the month. I am hopeful that the Customer Service and warrenty service are as good as they seem to be.
    Hi David & Linda (@dloase)

Please contact our Customer Service team at (574) 825-9679 or send me a private message (PM) with your contact number so we can work directly with your dealer to resolve your concerns.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Customer Service twice yesterday. Both gentlemen I spoke with were extremely helpful, and a new shower faucet is on it's way. With the system under pressure, but the shower not turned on there were no leaks evident. When the shower was turned on there was water coming from the fixture. I would attach pictures, but they haven't been transfered from my phone to my work computer yet.

Although hard to see, the second photo is of the back of the faucet with the system pressurized, and the shower turned on. The second photo is with the shower turned off, but the system still pressurized. As can be seen, there is water coming out from around the mounting nut, not the water lines themselves. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the faucet unit and not a crack or break in water lines or connections themselves. As can be seen in both photos, there has been water leaking here as evidenced by the discoloration surrounding the connections.

Again, I can say enough good things about the Grand Design team and the support they give.

- David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shower leak 1.jpg   shower leak 2.jpg  
    Last edited by dloase; 05-20-2014 at 04:49 AM. Reason: found the pictures
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a shower Sat night, and I did not notice any water on the floor, but then Sun my wife took a shower, and there was water on the floor between the sink and the tub. We wiped it up and ran the shower some and it did not return, but I think I will keep my eye on that faucet and the drain in case we have an issue like yours.
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

Lukeysh714
    Grand design, you're great. But you may want to increase QC on water leaks. Our 369RL had a leak on the water valve assembly on the Anderson valves.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the very same issue and I suspect it has been happening since I picked up the unit. I bought unit in October 2015 and in June 2016 while on a trip I noticed the underbelly seemed to be sagging. I thought maybe it was because the tanks were full and thought nothing else of it. A couple of months later, I noticed the trim around the cabinet started to come loose and the woodgrain facing tape was peeling back. Not sign of a leak though and I thought maybe it was just moisture from the shower or someone got water on the floor. Next trip there was water seeping out from under the cabinet where the facing was peeling. This is the first time I ever saw water and knew there was a leak. I opened the main furnace return which is under the shower and found the hole in the floor where the water supply goes to the shower fixture as well as the back flow preventer. There was no sign of water, but when I put my fingers through the hole and touched the floor, water came rushing through the hole. It was just sitting up there pooling and seeping out onto the bathroom floor. I now know why the underbelly was sagging, the water was running down through the hole into the belly and soaking the insulation. I have it at the dealer now and the first thing they asked me was who winterized the unit? I did. How did you winterize it? RV antifreeze in the lines. What brand of antifreeze? I don't know. There is no way I winterized the unit wrong. I open the valves on the shower and let the antifreeze flow through the shower head. If they try to blame this on me, i am going to be really upset. From your pictures, it looks like the nuts could easily be loose of not properly tightened during assembly. there was not way for me to know there was an active leak since the water was not presenting itself until my until my unit was leaning a little to the opposite side and the water ran out onto the bathroom floor versus the underbelly. There is probably a good deal of damage done to places I can't even see. Insulation, tank heaters, decking...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that isn't good. My issue wasn't with improper winterization, but with a defective faucet unit itself. Once that was replaced I have no further issues with that particular issue. GD has stood behind their product every step of the way. If you have not talked to them then I highly recommend doing so. Pictures are always very helpful as it lets everyone involved see what your words are describing.
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an update to my post regarding the leak behind the shower. My dealer found a leak due to a loose connection behind the shower in the wall. They had to cut an access hole in the linen closet. They closed off the hole by installing another piece of paneling and it looks very good. They checked in the underbelly for water damage and their was none. They have ordered replacement trim pieces to repair the damage caused by the water. Very happy with the resolution on this issue!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarchak View Post
    As an update to my post regarding the leak behind the shower. My dealer found a leak due to a loose connection behind the shower in the wall. They had to cut an access hole in the linen closet. They closed off the hole by installing another piece of paneling and it looks very good. They checked in the underbelly for water damage and their was none. They have ordered replacement trim pieces to repair the damage caused by the water. Very happy with the resolution on this issue!
    How is it possible that there is no damage in the underbelly?
    Didn't you say it was sagging and dripping from down there? The insulation must have gotten wet.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast