Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,
    Very helpful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 bedroom AC fan runs fine but the unit doesn't cool. Not sure if the compressor isn't working or what. I neglected to ensure it cooled before I took it off the lot so shame on me. Anybody know of something I can check before I schedule to take it in for service?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaneyone View Post
    My 2018 bedroom AC fan runs fine but the unit doesn't cool. Not sure if the compressor isn't working or what. I neglected to ensure it cooled before I took it off the lot so shame on me. Anybody know of something I can check before I schedule to take it in for service?
    Have you shut the Main AC completely off, and seen if the upper will continue to run, and cool?
    My upper AC, I set it 5 degree's lower than the main unit setting and it still does not run a lot - but it is cold when it does run.
    Also, I have both units set to "Auto" when using. (I have not use High or Low fan setting for the AC).
    I have found when the hot sun is towards the back of the coach, the main AC runs. When the sun moves around towards the front of the coach, the upper AC runs more than the main.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Superduty. It was one of those rare days in the Seattle area where temps were high enough (80-90 range) to need the AC so I decided to test both units one at a time. Lower unit worked great so I shut it down and only ran the upper unit for about 20-30 minutes on high cool and the air never became cool. It was as if the fans were only running and the compressor never kicked on.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told, always run the fan on "Auto" until the desire temp is reached, then put it on high or low fan. I just leave mine on Auto all the time, so the AC's will get a break from running.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaneyone View Post
    I had this happen once too. However, it was user error (I think) as when I set the thermostat (I thought to cool with the little snowflake showing on ours) at 72 degrees, when I looked at the thermostat sometime later as it seemed just the fan was running. Guess what.......yup there was no snowflake displayed and just the fan was running. I'm sure I set it correctly.....maybe it had a mind of its own. Our thermostat has done some strange things with the temp running all the way up or down and changing to heat setting. It seems overly sensitive to touch. Shared this with GDRV and they sent a new thermostat to me.

Maybe it happened to yours too.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some You Tube Video's also to help trouble shoot the Dometic Thermostat's. Might help out also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Canyonlight. I will certainly take another closer look to see if it was user error. I kind of hope so. Easier to laugh at myself then to have the unit serviced....lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12