User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303rls 15K AC

Has anyone had an issue with the 15K AC in bedroom? I can’t run mine on high fan or or Auto, is shuts right down. Also doesn’t cool anywhere close to the one in the coach

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, your bedroom AC should run on auto or high. So.you have something wrong there. Please keep in mind though that the bedroom unit is a low profile 13k unit which is smaller then the full size 15k in the main room. As such, the bedroom unit will be noisier and put out less cold air.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim,
    Even thou it’s 13K unit it should be able to cool, checked line voltage on each leg running at 118 and 119 volts respectively. I suspect the unit is faulty seeing how 15K unit runs flawlessly in couch
    Jimmy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is definitely something wrong. It should cool.just fine in all modes. I just wanted you to know it will be a little louder and not quite as strong as the 15k unit. If you feel adventurous swap the thermostats to verify it is the actual AC unit as the thermostat could be your problem since you say it won't run on high or auto.
    Jim

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it difficult to swap thermastates? Tryin to figure out how the cover comes off

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    I just figured out how the cover comes off, did you happen to know how to release the wires? Great idea on checking Thermostat?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Callahan View Post
    Jim,
    I just figured out how the cover comes off, did you happen to know how to release the wires? Great idea on checking Thermostat?
    Sorry but I have not had to dig into mine. To be honest cutting the wires and wire nuts work but that is just a guess. Sorry I can't be more help there. Others here have upgraded their thermostat units soaybe they will chime in.

Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two screws hold the thermostat on the wall. Remove them and the wires should be coming in to the back of the thermostat. There should be screws holding the wires in place. Make a diagram of what wires go to each screw. This should help or look online for your thermostat it might tell you. Be careful it’s just a little circuits board. Good luck

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two ACs on our 303RLS. Either one will cool the trailer up to about 90. The main one is a15000btu and the bed room is a 13000btu. Both were factory install.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While my 311bhs was in the shop for warranty work. ExploreUSA replaced both thermostats. They said that there was a recall. Several post on this forum have Dometic sending replacement thermostats to the owners because they either quit working or didn't work correctly. Search the forum for people to contact and model numbers.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast