User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we did it. Went out and bought a new Dually. Checked with the local GMC/Chevy dealers, non of them had any Duallies in stock. The local Ram dealer had 5 and we got a great deal on a 2014!
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KZ View Post
    Well, we did it. Went out and bought a new Dually. Checked with the local GMC/Chevy dealers, non of them had any Duallies in stock. The local Ram dealer had 5 and we got a great deal on a 2014!
    I'm not even a Dodge guy and it (Cummings) bothers me. It's CUMMINS. Congrats on the new truck!
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will love to hear how you like the setup. If we go the Momentum route (which it seems like we're going to do) the Ram 3500 dually will be a TV. It's probably a good thing that we have a little more time to consider- there aren't any around here that fit the bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I am sorry for the misspelling, it was a long day of "dealers and trucks". I will post more after next weekend when I get to pull the trailer. Now I am shopping for the hitch. I am looking at "The Ultimate hitch".
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Allang17

3500 I a great truck!

Quote Originally Posted by KZ View Post
    Thank you. I am sorry for the misspelling, it was a long day of "dealers and trucks". I will post more after next weekend when I get to pull the trailer. Now I am shopping for the hitch. I am looking at "The Ultimate hitch".
    We have the 2014 3500 dually with the 30,000lb towing rating and it is the best truck out there. We have 2 big fifth wheels trailers, redwood 18,000lbs and a voltage at 22,000 lbs and it pulls either down the road like nothing is behind you. We are working on trading the voltage(piece of cr--) on a GD 380 flying to Lazydays Tuesday to look at 2 rigs they have on the lot.

A few things.. I have a 2003 GW. Be very careful loading and unloading. Did it dozen of time with the voltage... Ramps are long and slick, half way up u cannot touch you feet and my bike would drag on the very center at the apex. Needed 3 of us to steady the bike, put a board in front of rear tire to raise it up so center of bike would clear. It was not fun, stop using voltage to move the bike.

How do you like the GD 380? Any issues?
    Good luck and be safe..
    Al

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll hope this doesn't come across as being a pest with questions, but since I'm likely to mimic your rig (except with a '15 Ram Dually, we can't find any '14s at the trim level we want here) - what are you using for your fifth wheel box?

Actually, we may be a little different, because we're going with the Megacab for our large dogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my 380. I load the Gold Wing by myself. I did a lot of reading about the ramp entrance, I know that I have about 6' that I cannot touch the ground. The coating on the ramp is okay but not really rough enough to hold the bike while on the slope. I just grin and go for it. Some friends have recommended that I jack up the front of the trailer and leave the rear legs up. I have not tried this. The Slope in the rear of the "garage" helps with dragging on the apex. I don't drag at all. If you do, you my try to increase the air/hydraulic pressure in your rear shocks (if your bike allows for this).
    We have only had small issues that I have corrected myself. We bought our rig via Lazydays in FL.
    2015 379FL Solitude

Allang17
    As far as loading we tried everything, had rear shocks fully extend, raised the ramp and used a short ramp at the bottom.. Maybe the voltage is just higher and that caused the issue... Glad it worked out. We too are looking at a GD 380 at Lazydays, flying there on tuesday. Thanks for the info.
    Al

Allang17
    The mega cab will give you a little more room, mainly behind the back seat.. We also travel with 6 goldens, 3 in my Freightliner and 3 in the back seat of the 3500. We found these large wedge shaped boxes that fix in the back so they have a nice large flat area to lay in. You will enjoy the power and just how stable the whole rig is..
    Our hitch is a resse 20,000lbs, works great just needs to be greased almost every time, goof luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "goof luck" - whew, that's about the only kind I can count on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12