Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned from my first rv. This time I ordered Dual pane windows with my 303. Also having the dealer get me info on a air unit in the bedroom. Like the size that goes in a truck camper. Will keep the bedroom and bathroom nice and cool! He hasn't got back to me yet. Should be hitting the dealer in a few weeks from the factory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We changed out our bed with a Bed in a box from Costco. It was on sale for $399 and fits perfect. It is made with memory foam and is so comfortable that we are considering one for our home. The down side is that it is heavier and taller than the original. This makes it difficult to use the space below the bed. Due to the 14" thickness it makes the electric outlet by the nightstand useless. We don't use it or the space below the bed so it's not an issue for us.
    As far as the tires and wheels, I still have the originals and will keep them until they wear out, then I will change to 15s. I just make sure they are properly inflated and that the trailer is not overloaded. I also only tow between 55 - 60 mph this not only is where I feel it's safe, but it also saves gas. Enjoy your new trailer and safe travels.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a matter of what you prefer.
    Some use a 4" memory foam topper and find that that works.
    Others, including myself replaced the mattress. We ordered a Dynasty Mattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch GEL from Amazon. We like it.
    There's been a few who ordered a Sleep Number bed.
    So go with what you would like!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you, Boomer we swapped out our bed with the Costco memory foam mattress also. Since it's a standard king, it's 6 inches wider than the RV mattress so it's a nice tight fit. No more stuff falling down the sides. It is a bit heavier so it does make lifting the bed to access the under bed storage area tougher but I think a different set of heavier weight cylinders will help that cause. It's sooo much more comfortable, I don't even worry about those little things. The Westlake tires haven't given us any problems so far and we're over 6000 miles on them. I have a TPMS and watch the pressures and temps like a hawk as well as keeping speed below 65mph. I'll probably put another 5 or 6000 on them before I worry about replacing with something else (unless there's a problem before that).
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After visiting my friend's mattress store, I saw that beds are going toward memory foam and hybrid coil mattresses topped with memory foam. And they're getting seriously expensive.

I went to bedinabox.com and bought one of their premium memory foam mattresses with the gel topper. Service was great, and it came in a box--easy to setup. Too bad I've never been able to sleep in it at home, as the grandkids have taken it over. We also got a Leggett and Platt adjustable bed with Magic Fingers at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12