User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for help --- we've bought the Truck and a new Reflection 303!

Well after kind answers to my previous posts, my wife and I are now owners of a new Reflection 303 RLS. We bought the 5th wheel last week from Coachlight RV and are having them add Black Slide Toppers and Fantastic Fans before we pick it up the first week of June. In the meantime, we purchased a new Ram 2500 diesel and are having a B&W turnover ball and Companion hitch also that first week of June. So, we will be ready to go!

My current questions - via my wife are - what in world kind of sheets do you use for the fold out couch? And what brand or type of Shelf Liner is recommended? Any other suggestions for us newbies? Thanks again for your help! Mike and Deb.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't answer the question about the shelf liner. But we use just regular queen sized sheets on the guest bed. Congrats on you new purchase!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new Reflection Mike and Deb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news Mike and Deb! Congratulations on the purchase of your new 303

It looks like your Reflection and my Solitude have the same couch and in my 305RE, we use the fitted sheets that have elastic all around the edge...it hugs the couch/bed better and stays on.
    As for shelf liner, I think anything would probably work. I use the beaded grip kind. To make it stay in better I used my small hardware type stapler and secured the liner onto the shelves. I'm not for certain that our cabinets are the same, so if you do decide to staple, then I would test an area to make sure the stapes don't go through the cabinets
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new 303. We love ours.

I used the beaded grip shelf liner. I found the best price at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon. It was also a larger better grip. The 18" by 24" roll fit the pantry without trimming any for width. I used cheapie Dollar Tree liner for other cupboards. We also use a couple of refrigerator bars to hold taller items to the back of the pantry shelves when traveling.

Kay

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought shelf liner at WalMart, cut to fit. This stuff sort of sticks to bottom, we did not staple it down. Ditto on the refrigerator bars, bought one bar for each shelf in pantry. Regular queen sheet on fold out couch. You will love the B&W hitch, almost foolproof, nothing is 100% foolproof. I also got the black slide toppers and fantastic fans installed.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help - we are building our list to "things to get" - the refrigerator bars look like a great idea. And we will check out the shelf liners. Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here we are a full 10 days after our whirlwind trip to get things accomplished with the new truck and the new Reflection. We live 275 miles away from the dealer that we bought our 2014 Reflection 303 RLS from. There is one dealer that is about 60 miles away that didn't have any in inventory when we were looking, and another about 120 miles away that called us when he got one in stock, but when we made the trip to that dealer, there was a hole in the front of the compartment below the king pin. Not a small hole, but what looked like a tailgate went through it...the salesman said they could fix it as good as new, but we passed. We finally found the one we bought in Carthage, Missouri at a dealer that also has a very nice RV park. We were impressed with the dealership, the sales and service people, and the RV park - where they want you to stay for a couple of days while you get familiar with the RV. They gave a great 4 hour orientation, and checked on us everyday - and fixed minor issues we found with the 303.
    Now that we have it, there are some things we would change if we ordered it - 1) double pane windows. Our single pane get hot in our neck of the woods. 2) Bigger wheels and tires. Don't know if it's an option, but our 15" ST tires are too small behind our 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel with 20" wheels and tires. We are tilting backwards, and I would think that would put more pressure on the rear axles of the 5th wheel. 3) Sorry Grand Design, but the rockers are comfy, but way too tall for anyone under 5'8" to sit on comfortably. 4) the couch, I can only hope we don't have company that has to sleep on it, it tilts back and --- well it's just not really a bed. 4) the actual bed, we did crash in, but it's one of the first things with are changing, it's like sleeping on the floor. Other than that, we love - love - love our choice of the Reflection 303RLS and the Dealer. Now, if my wife could backup as well as she drives the rig forward, I would be really happy! PS - beware of small matchbox cars - they roll under the slides! Mike

2014 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 2500 Diesel; B&W Turnoverball & Companion Hitch; 2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS + a lovely wife!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news mageorge!
    I think the tires and the bed are the 1st two things most change about the camper!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any suggestions on beds (queen) or wheels and tires would be helpful --- I also asked our dealer about Grand Design providing a cover for the sink, but he knew nothing about that or acted as if he would check into it for us. Should we contact them directly? Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast