Well, we had our first tire blowout yesterday. Hopefully the last. We were lucky on our previous trailer and went about 10K miles on China bombs. We changed those 15" D rated trailer tires to 16" E rated truck tires -- specifically the B/F Goodrich Commercial T/A 225/75 16R LT all season tire. What a difference -- hardly ever had to add any air, no problems except for the nail we picked up on the edge near the sidewall last summer (old trailer) and fortunately saw that on a check before starting out on a trip. Our dealer seemed really befuddled at our request to change the Reflection 303RLS to 16" wheels and comparable tires - not sure where to get them, etc., etc. So, when we traded in, we swapped our tires from 2010 that had about 25K miles onto the new Reflection, and left the new China tires on our trade in. My plans were to replace with new tires next spring.

Yesterday we stopped for fuel, did the usual walk around, then continued on our route, driving between 45 and 62, mostly around 58. About 30 minutes later - blam it blew. I was pulling up a slight hill and slowing for the upcoming 45mph zone. My husband said, we just blew a tire. We were SO lucky, we were in sight of a volunteer fire department. As soon as we pulled into their lot, a woman came out and offered to call for help, but we said we could change to the spare. Then one of the volunteer fireman came out, and offered to help. They were so great -- let us use their floor jack, compressed air for the spare, and a couple of bottles of cold water and a place to wash hands.

We still have no idea why the tire went, assume we picked up a nail or a slash or something. Oh well, getting a new set sooner rather than later. My husband checked the tread depth and they have been wearing evenly (we have about 5K miles on the Reflection). He also said he knew that working in a tire store when he was in high school would come in handy later in life.

We are going to the dealer the end of next week to get repairs -- at least a new fender and whatever else they find.

Who doesn't think camping is an adventure?

Kay