10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F6E499C-FAD2-4851-925A-526694E7EE70.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	16109
    Green Ash Village is the section with the fire pit in the middle of the circle (road), but there are no pull through sites in that section. The phone number can be seen at the top.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although there are no pull through sin Green Ash Village, most of the back in aren’t bad. We’ve stayed in that section. We have also seen a small rally group there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Although there are no pull through sin Green Ash Village, most of the back in aren’t bad. We’ve stayed in that section. We have also seen a small rally group there.

Hi Kay and Dave,
    Can you expand on “small rally group”?
    Also, they offer discount rates for 10+, or 10% Discount for Good Sam members.
    Nancy
    Last edited by Houndbb; 11-04-2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably make sense for someone . . . preferably someone who has been to this campground before and thus has a "connection" with the owners . . . to contact them and get their take on a small Rally in the mid-June timeframe.

Looking into this a few years ago (at Canadian campgrounds), the "roadblock" that we ran into was that the campground regulars have already booked or are booking their favourite sites for June weekends. We were using 20 rigs as the group size for discussion with campgrounds, but that was a complete guess.

Since we are retired, mid-week could work for us, but that may limit the number interested in attending.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just guessing that the group we saw at Turning Stone was about 20, perhaps two rows of pull thru. I don’t know about discounts.

Unfortunately Cherry Grove in Wolcott doesn’t have many sites.

We’ve never stayed at Association Island near Sacketts Harbor, but it looks very big. We’ve been hoping to stay at Swan Bay, but have not yet been there.

We know that we wouldn’t be able to make it in June, since we have doctors and grandson Cub Scout camp week commitments. We are unsure if we will be traveling to New York to visit family this year or taking the new Solitude out west.

I’ll send Debby an email to see if she can suggest places, as I know she has stayed in upstate quite a bit.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Just guessing that the group we saw at Turning Stone was about 20, perhaps two rows of pull thru. I don’t know about discounts.

Unfortunately Cherry Grove in Wolcott doesn’t have many sites.

We’ve never stayed at Association Island near Sacketts Harbor, but it looks very big. We’ve been hoping to stay at Swan Bay, but have not yet been there.

We know that we wouldn’t be able to make it in June, since we have doctors and grandson Cub Scout camp week commitments. We are unsure if we will be traveling to New York to visit family this year or taking the new Solitude out west.

I’ll send Debby an email to see if she can suggest places, as I know she has stayed in upstate quite a bit.

Kay and Dave, I edited my post above to read that they DO offer those discounts. Just wondering if the 20 or so you saw were having seminars, talks, info sessions, meetings?
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    It would probably make sense for someone . . . preferably someone who has been to this campground before and thus has a "connection" with the owners . . . to contact them and get their take on a small Rally in the mid-June timeframe.

Looking into this a few years ago (at Canadian campgrounds), the "roadblock" that we ran into was that the campground regulars have already booked or are booking their favourite sites for June weekends. We were using 20 rigs as the group size for discussion with campgrounds, but that was a complete guess.

Since we are retired, mid-week could work for us, but that may limit the number interested in attending.

Rob

Rob, I see what you did there I can call to find out availability of sites and what the deposit policy is, and report back. I’m not sure everyone is actually settled on a location, yet. I just know that we were very comfortable there (the dropped coroplast fiasco notwithstanding). I was kind of thinking it wouldn’t be too big or formal...just getting together with some other owners to chat/share, but I don’t really know what others have in mind. Also, even though I’m retired, Bruce is not. I just assumed more would be interested in a weekend. Others familiar with different locations might call their possible spots. We’re flexible, right off I81, and 45 minutes S of I90. Also, don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. Maybe if some of us get together we can talk about a larger GD rally with seminars and vendors a bit closer than Delaware.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol and I stayed at Swan Bay 2 years ago. Beautiful campground they just added 19 new sites looks like 9 pullthur and 10 back ins and also another pool. Could be pricey. Close to Alexandria Bay.

We would not be available for June. Doing Cape May NJ, and Delaware till July 4th.

We'll keep following along for details .

John and Carol Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only suggested June, based on our research a couple of years ago that did not find any campground willing to set aside a group of sites (without paid commitments up front) during their busy season (July & August). The other difficulty that we ran into was Grand Design owners who might have been interested, often had other plans already set for July and August. Sounds like the beginnings of this group already have plans for June .

Another way to come at this is much more casual. If a few owners post that they are going to be at a certain campground in a certain timeframe, others may choose to come and join them.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I only suggested June, based on our research a couple of years ago that did not find any campground willing to set aside a group of sites (without paid commitments up front) during their busy season (July & August). The other difficulty that we ran into was Grand Design owners who might have been interested, often had other plans already set for July and August. Sounds like the beginnings of this group already have plans for June .

Another way to come at this is much more casual. If a few owners post that they are going to be at a certain campground in a certain timeframe, others may choose to come and join them.

Rob
    Well, maybe given some time, others will see the thread and join in. Just to get more use out of our trailer, we park it for use on weekends in May and September at Spruce Row on Cayuga Lake. The owners are flexible about it not necessarily being the very first/last 5 weekends, but they do try to ensure you get the holidays in there. The place is older, not as posh as Association Island or Swan Bay, but it’s clean and friendly. The owners make improvements each year. Not all sites have sewer hookup, but pump out is cheap. Any other weekend will work for us. I can still call on availability and terms at Turning Stone and report back.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast