Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems lately reading a few negative write ups about Grand Design

3 weeks ago I ordered a GD Reflection 303. Now it seems I'm seeing a few more posting about problems with GD 5th wheels. Especially Water problems from the bathroom area and slide out areas. When I hear about water leaks that gets me very nervous. I decided to go with Grand Design because of all the great postings I have been reading and the goal of the company expecting the highest level of Quality in every trailer that Grand Design manufactures. Just lately seems to be a few postings on the negative side about GD. I just hope they are not growing to fast now and things are starting to slip by the way side. I heard they just added a 3rd line at the factory. I realize that these trailers are moving down the road and things can loosen. I have made it a habit to check my drain and my faucet connections often. I learned the hard way! Hoping if I have any problems down the road with my GD Reflection 303 they are minor ones!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it matters what make trailer , all makes are going to have a couple issues now and then. Don't let the few reports out of how many trailers made give you second thoughts.
    The customer service is the most important and that is stellar from everything I've read. So at least if there were to be an issue, you know it will be dealt with.

You'll enjoy your 303.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said Marcy!
    Mr Lucky, y'all enjoy that 303
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lucky, it seems that your worries are unfounded. After doing a search of "water leak", out of 424 members, only 4 are saying anything about a water leak in their camper. Out of those 4 members, one really doesn't know if he has a leak, he just saw some water between the shower base and the sink on the floor.

I know you must be getting really anxious about your new 303, but relax and know that Grand Design is going to take care of any problems you may encounter with your new camper.

Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider is the number of units in use is constantly growing. With that growing number, the number of units with small issues is going to climb as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water Leaks happen...even on brand new high quality units. My last rig was a Newmar and when we picked that up, went out for our shakedown trip, a small puddle accumulated out from under the kitchen sink. I returned to the dealer the following week, they pressure tested it and came up with no leaks, so they tightened all of the drains and we were on our way. The next time we were out, same thing. Another trip to the dealer, still nothing found. After some deductive reasoning, it turns out that one of the fittings on the back of the water heater was not torqued enough, and when the water heater cycled (think showering here) that is when it would leak. I reached under with a wrench, tightened the fitting, and I just traded that unit in on my Momentum. No worries, I am pretty sure your new rig will treat you well, if not Grand Design has your back.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with big mike, when you have a house going down the road bouncing and twisting things come loose and joints crack. This is why it's important to do inspections from time to time. We've had our Reflection 303 for almost 6 months we've traveled about 3000 miles and camped about 24 notes so far. We have only had two issues not related to water. GD service was great to deal with and problems are soon forgotten. We love being out in our Reflection. You didn't make a mistake, just enjoy.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the odd plumbing leak is unusual with new rigs. Kind of like having to re torque wheels after they have been re installed, new fittings often need re tightening. Structural leaks are what would worry me, specially living in the Great North Wet.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

cuttinchief
    Every camper has issues now and then. I have couple issues but they are not anyone's fault. A awning that hangs up I will have it checked. It's made by carefree awnings one of the best companies that make awnings. It's not a grand design issue. The back door comes open on my huge 43 ft rig. It's a new issue and if I dead bolt it it stays shut but really needs a handle like the front. I think that would take care of the issue. I have a regulator issue on my propane I think.I really like my grand design RV. I was at the show me 100 and had folks walk by and want to see it. They said it was the best they had seen. Parked next to a momentum toy hauler. I just love it the problems are really not big problems you are seeing .Folks just put stuff out there so they can get help. If you are coming to own an RV you have to be able to do the little things.