User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Pride Hensley Hitch

I was wondering if anyone has used or is using the Propride or Hensley hitch? I am going to be doing a lot of traveling next year, and I was thinking about switching my Blue Ox Sway Pro to one of these. They are quiet a bit more expensive, but there is no sway at all from what I am reading. I have a 2018 2800BH, with a weight of 7200 lbs. Tongue weight 890lbs. One of my concerns, however, is the weight of these.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Blue Ox and did not do well. I ended up with the Hensley. It works extremely well. No sway. It is about 200 lbs though.....the hensley will only turn if the tow vehichle turns. seems to make the truck and trailer a solid peice. They are extremely nice to deal with. I had my hitch for 11 years and they offered to buy it back for 500 bucks! Sold to my BIL instead......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a ProPride 3P 1400 and love it. I am pulling a Grand Design Imagine 2970 with a F-150 with a payload rating of 2,437 pounds. The 3P transfers weight to the steering axle of the TV well and there is not even a hint of sway even when being passed by a big rig at 65mph. Expensive? Yes. Heavy? Yes. Worth it. Absolutely. The peace of mind alone is worth it. Check out the ProPride Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for responding. I'm still a little concerned about getting it put on right.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevRon View Post
    I have a ProPride 3P 1400 and love it. I am pulling a Grand Design Imagine 2970 with a F-150 with a payload rating of 2,437 pounds. The 3P transfers weight to the steering axle of the TV well and there is not even a hint of sway even when being passed by a big rig at 65mph. Expensive? Yes. Heavy? Yes. Worth it. Absolutely. The peace of mind alone is worth it. Check out the ProPride Facebook page.

You need to take a few links off the extended safety chains. They are dragging.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just put a few twists in each chain to shorten them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s how I dealt with the long chains when I had a ProPride.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are my eyes playing tricks on me, or do those chains look like they are not crossed?

Scot "Zee"
    If you're gonna go, go with a smile!

USAF Retired
    Started Camping: 1 June 2018
    2018 Imagine 3170BH a.k.a. Storm
    towed by: 2018 F350 Lariat DRW PS FX4 in Tri-coat Plat White (tinted windows and Gator Tri-Fold tonneau cover). a.k.a. Bolt
    Anderson Anti-sway WD Hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    You need to take a few links off the extended safety chains. They are dragging.
    It is already done

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too ditched my Blue Ox and installed the ProPride on my 2670MK. So far so good. I’ve got a 2500 mile trip coming up in a few weeks. That will be a great test of the ProPride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast