Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grease Point Locations?

I was reading the Lippert manual that came with our 337. It says under the maintenance section to grease the suspension. No mention of where the grease fittings are or what type of grease. Can someone tell what I should be greasing, how many fittings there are and the recommended grease to use?l

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawl underneath and you'll see a zerk fitting on the bolt that goes through each end of each spring and shackle - should be one on the equalizer between the springs, also. Offhand, I think there are nine on each side. Any good chassis grease will work as this is not a real demanding application. Pump it until fresh grease comes out the back side.

FWIW, several people have reported that their shackle bolts had a dab of red grease on the zerk like it had been greased, but it was actually dry. Mine was that way, too, so I made a point of using black grease to see if any red grease came out - zero, nada, nothing.

If you find a zerk that won't take grease, try taking the weight off that bolt and try again.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawled under the 337 today and pumped grease into zerk fittings. Seven on each side. As others have mentioned it looked like the only grease found was on the zerk fittings. Red grease. I used a brown chassis grease and never saw any red grease expelled. As my luck goes the last fitting will not take any grease. It was suggested to take the weight off of the bolt. Too do that should I jack the wheel off the ground or is there an easier way? Appreciate all the great advice and help!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to jack the *other* axle or the frame. You might also try extending the jacks on that side - may have to put a block under the rear jack on that side to get enough stroke.

If that fails, you may need to replace the zerk.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.