User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 series height

I just bought a place in Colorado and it has a barn on it with 12' doors. I knew my 29rs with the second a/c wouldn't fit but I thought the 220rk would. Nope! Think again. GD specs say 11'9". Mine measure 12" to 12"1" (as it kind of hard to get an accurate measurement to the top of the a/c. RV was sitting near level when I measured it.

Has anyone else measured theirs? Makes me wonder if GD didn't change to a taller A/C or something.

Thanks
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I just bought a place in Colorado and it has a barn on it with 12' doors. I knew my 29rs with the second a/c wouldn't fit but I thought the 220rk would. Nope! Think again. GD specs say 11'9". Mine measure 12" to 12"1" (as it kind of hard to get an accurate measurement to the top of the a/c. RV was sitting near level when I measured it.

Has anyone else measured theirs? Makes me wonder if GD didn't change to a taller A/C or something.

Thanks
    Maybe changed tire size, I-beam frame, or a taller A/C ? Either way good to double check everything!!
    I've seen many rooftop A/C's ripped off a RV roof under a low clearance bridge 🤤

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Well if you added vent covers to all 3 vents like we did, on our 220RK, it adds 3” to the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Well if you added vent covers to all 3 vents like we did, on our 220RK, it adds 3” to the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No vent covers have been added yet. The top of the a/c is currently the tallest part of the camper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We measured our 230RL - near as I could tell it was 11' 10" to the top of the A/C, but this is probably plus/minus 2". So your measurement of 12' to 12' 1" doesn't surprise me.
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No vent covers have been added yet.
    The top of the a/c is currently the tallest part of the camper
    Weird, I guess they measured it wrong, which doesn't surprise me...
    So hey, thanks for letting me know how tall my rig is Donald!

Since I had the Goodyear Endurance tires put on I thought they might be a little taller but according to
    what I've found online just now, they're both 28" tall for the size ST225/75R-15.

Here's a photo of our rig, sitting level, I think I took this when we were boon-docking in Utah a couple weeks ago.
    Anyway I climbed up onto a picnic table that that was probably 3' high and held the camera over my head and I can
    reach 8 feet, so the camera was almost level with the roof. I drew a line perfectly horizontal and it looks like the vent cover
    over the bathroom is just slightly taller than the A/C cover. So I'm guessing our rig is 12'4'' tall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	height.em.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	13464

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Does your barn have a dirt floor. A few years back my wife and I owned a RV park. We had a RV barn that I would park my 5th wheel during the winter. The 5th wheel was about an inch too tall to fit. I ended up digging down about 3" where the tires tracked. Worked for a couple of years until I rented a bobcat and lowered the floor the width of the door 6". You have to lower the grade about 20' before the door so the trailer will drop down early enough so that the back will clear when you first start. Just a thought.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    Does your barn have a dirt floor. A few years back my wife and I owned a RV park. We had a RV barn that I would park my 5th wheel during the winter. The 5th wheel was about an inch too tall to fit. I ended up digging down about 3" where the tires tracked. Worked for a couple of years until I rented a bobcat and lowered the floor the width of the door 6". You have to lower the grade about 20' before the door so the trailer will drop down early enough so that the back will clear when you first start. Just a thought.
    It has a concrete floor. I did exactly what you said in my machinery shed a few years ago so I could get in my 13"5" Columbus in there

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey our rig is currently parked right next to a hay barn that has a 12' doorway!
    I might just back it in real slow tomorrow morning to see how much clearance I have.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Hey our rig is currently parked right next to a hay barn that has a 12' doorway!
    I might just back it in real slow tomorrow morning to see how much clearance I have.

Give that a try and let me know how it works out for you! LOL

I backed my travel trailer into one of my hay barns once with a door that wasn't quite tall enough. I took out one vent cover but stopped before getting the A/C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast