User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead levelup panel oddly only gets power with slide

Ok, so our Momentum 385th has been in storage for the winter, getting her ready for a trip. The levelup panel is completely dead, and we have tried everything. The only thing that we have noticed that gets the panel to power on is to push the main slide button "in" (the slides are not out). Our batteries are fully charged and giving 13 amps (battery disconnect is on), we are unable to plug into shore power. We need to get the jacks working as the jacks have sunk into the ground a bit and is now to low for us to get it hooked up to our truck. Our levelup system worked fine prior to storing it and the only thing we have done was pull the house batteries to keep them charged for the winter. Any ideas why it gets power when pushing the slide button in?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead levelup panel oddly only gets power with slide

You didn't say if the main slides will try to extend? If they will not, I'm wondering if the 50a fuse that covers the hydraulic system is failing? Since they are self resetting, if it is really close to failure it might be energizing momentarily. These are behind a little cover panel on the back wall behind the battery (at least they are in my 380TH). Mine is the very bottom fuse, but you could trace the wire to the hydraulic pump to identifying correct one. It'll be the only 50a.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slides can extend fine although we have not extended them all the way due to having only the front 2 jacks down, is there a way we may have hooked up our batteries incorrectly? We seem to be getting lights from the batteries when not on the generator and when the generator is fired up everything comes on fine. We thought we might have had a bad levelup panel but when we pushed the main slide in button it lit up and was working fine (for those few seconds!). I did not know the 50 amp fuse was located behind that metal panel, do you suggest replacing that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No - If the hydraulic slides function fine, then that fuse is probably good. It almost sounds like there is some kind of intermittent short or a control panel failure. In a pinch you can manually operate the jacks....the procedure is covered in your LCI manual. Wish I could help more.

Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes my slides only work with the rear level up button. It's strange. Make sure you have enough fluid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    You didn't say if the main slides will try to extend? If they will not, I'm wondering if the 50a fuse that covers the hydraulic system is failing? Since they are self resetting, if it is really close to failure it might be energizing momentarily. These are behind a little cover panel on the back wall behind the battery (at least they are in my 380TH). Mine is the very bottom fuse, but you could trace the wire to the hydraulic pump to identifying correct one. It'll be the only 50a.

I would recommend checking your 50A breaker as well. They are supposed to be self- resetting, but ours was faulty at the 2 years old mark and others have reported failures within the first year. You can order replacement breakers relatively cheap on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk