Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Towel Bars

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towel Bars

Has any one installed towel bars in the bathroom of their 369RL? If so, where did you put them and how did you attach them to the wall? I'm afraid the weight of a wet towel will eventually rip it out of the wall.

Also, where did you put the toilet paper holder? I'm thinking inside the cabinet door under the sink but I think the screws may poke through front of the door. There really isn't a good place to put it.
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the same thing for my Momentum...there just doesn't seem like there is a good spot. The locations that you can use, there are no studs, so how do you mount these things? Anybody have any ideas?
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Joe View Post
    Has any one installed towel bars in the bathroom of their 369RL? If so, where did you put them and how did you attach them to the wall? I'm afraid the weight of a wet towel will eventually rip it out of the wall.

Also, where did you put the toilet paper holder? I'm thinking inside the cabinet door under the sink but I think the screws may poke through front of the door. There really isn't a good place to put it.
    We use a free standing toilet tissue holder right beside the John. I have never liked that stuff hanging on the walls even at home. When we pack up I just lay it in the closed in the bathroom. As for the towel holder I purchased one that is wooden about 3" wide and 18" long and mounted it over the toilet. We put it up with Command Strips and they work terrific. We are on a trip right now with 5 people, which means 5 wet towel hanging there, and it is working great. I have used the Command Strips to hang pictures and every thing else on the walls and have had no failures!! I just can't bring myself to make holes in the walls!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I did the same in my Momentum. Love the profile pic from Anchor Down. Heading there the end of July. How long did it take you to get to Pigeon Forge from there? I originally had Pine Mountain RV Resort reserved but when I saw Anchor Down I cancelled Pine Mountain and reserved with them.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our Reflection 337, we took down the one towel bar and added two different ones (so they would match). I just used drywall anchors and the seem to be working fine so far. We added a hand towel ring close to the sink but I attached that to the medicine cabinet. Just use the cupboard for the toilet tissue so far.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We re-purposed an over the door towel holder that I had used in our previous TT. Hubby took the over the door hooks off and mounted it on the wall behind the toilet. It fit there nicely. I did mount a hand towel bar by the sink, just made sure that the screws were short...and I used some double sided mounting strips (command, I think) to make it more secured. Here's a couple of pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails towel rack1.jpg   towel rack2.jpg  
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Happy Camper View Post
    Thanks for the info. I did the same in my Momentum. Love the profile pic from Anchor Down. Heading there the end of July. How long did it take you to get to Pigeon Forge from there? I originally had Pine Mountain RV Resort reserved but when I saw Anchor Down I cancelled Pine Mountain and reserved with them.
    Jeff you will not be disappointed that you are going to Anchor Down! We too have stayed at Pine Mountain and it is very nice. I can't say anything negative as far as cleanliness and all. The biggest difference is all the available activities at Anchor Down. We have had two grandsons with us all week and they never stopped! Of course neither did we!! The pool is huge. If you are a fisherman be sure and take your rod with you. They had a ball fishing the lake. We also threw our canoe on top of the truck so they did that also. You can rent gold carts at Anchor Down so they had a ball out visiting! I think it is $30 a day to rent a cart but if you want to do that you may want to reserve that ahead of time also. It is just a great place to stay!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Happy Camper View Post
    I also forgot to tell you it takes us 3 hours from Lexington, KY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had them installed before we took delivery. As for the toilet paper, we just set it on the bottom shelf..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

sjegee1
    We put our tp holder just under the sink in the flat space above the cabinet door. I bought a tp holder that matches the faucet , well it is really close, and it is the kind where the tp just slides on or off as needed. I don't like those springy kind that came with the Rv. My husband used a smell piece of wood behind the spot inside the cabinet to help hold it as the screws would come out the other side because the wood is thin in that spot. It gives stability too.