Thread: New 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 337RLS

Good evening,

Been lurking on the forum for a while. Very positive atmosphere. We ordered our 337 RLS when we first saw the Grand Design line at the Toronto RV show back in early March. There had to be hundreds of units there and in our humble opinion, the GD units seemed by far to be the best value...so we bought one. It will replace our 2005 Laredo, a unit which I can say nothing bad about. It's got thousands upon thousands of miles under it with only minimal issues. We hope the GD has a trouble free, easy life like the Laredo. Based on what we see here it seems we should expect some issues with the new unit but in the long run, it will be all good. Particularly impressed with the way GD responds to issues on this forum.

We pick the unit up next week from Lazeeacres RV in Orillia ON. Hopefully we'll have some great interactions via the forum and of course lean on others for advice on various issues. That said, we've owned a myriad of trailers over the years so not our first rodeo so to speak. Really looking forward to this unit and hopefully many good years with it.

Pat & Chris
    Kanata ON

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and Grand Design Ownership Pat and Chris! I purchased our 337 in March. We're heading out next week for a 3-4 month road trip of 10-11K miles! We'll put the fifth wheel through the wringer, but based on what we've seen so far, we're betting it will hold up just fine. And if not, we know we have GD customer support to help us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, Chris and Pat!
    And congratulations on your new Reflection
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! Bet you can't wait till next week get here.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Pat and Chris and congratulations on your new Reflection!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and Welcome!!

There are always things that go wrong with trailers. They are houses on wheels moving at 100km/60MpH so do the math However, Grand Design is a new company and their products are getting better from the feedback they received since they opened so chances are that you may not experience the same defects or maybe not to the same extent. From my experience, Grand Design excels as responding to customers extremely fast to correct any issues.

I notice that you are in the Ottawa area near me. so in case you do experience defects or just or need non-warranty repairs, be advised that there is a local INDEPENDENT RV repair facility (they are NOT a dealer) in the Ottawa Area that can repair Grand Design RVs. BGM Autobody does RV repairs at their larger facility in Chesterville. I had no problems with Grand Design for warranty work done at BGM on my RV and the work was exceptional. In fact, I told Layzee Acres about BGM and they were excited to here about BGM because many of their customers are in the Ottawa area and could now get local repairs as they realize a 7 hour drive is not practical for warranty work and none of the Ottawa dealers will service Grand Design unless they are dyeing for work which is usually when us snow birds are away.

BGM is located on 7944 Bank St about 25 minutes South of Bank St and Hunt-Club RD. and their RV facility is located at 2909 CR#7, Chesterville (where CR#7 & CR#43 cross). Brian can be contacted at 613-448-3345.

Happy Travels
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.