User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    So my wife and I are looking into Solitude trailers with an eye to purchasing later this fall or next winter.
    While looking at a 310GK today (no salesman around to ask) it looked like one side of the standard Norcold fridge could be accessed with the slides in; but is the residential fridge set up the same? Have not seen one of those yet.
    I had a question about the slide operation, but that was answered earlier in this post, thank you!
    We are going back and forth between a 310GK-R and a 344GK-R, but the current position is to take advantage of the shorter length/slightly lighter weight of the 310.
    Thanks in advance!
    The only complaint about the 310GX is that it only has 2900# (catalog weights, beware!) of cargo carrying capacity. Because we have several options including the heavier double pane windows, ours is only 2284#. So we have to be very careful what we load. However, the glass-half-full way of looking at that is that assuming a pin weight of 20%, we have 2000# headroom on our suspension (15,000# GVW - 3,000# pin weight = 12,000# on the axles at max gross weight).

While the extra CCC on the 334GK of 3600# (catalog) would be nice, by my calculations the axles are supporting 12,960, or only 1,040# below their 14,000# rating. With the history documented in this forum about spring, spring hanger, and bent axle problems, that's close enough for me to start to get nervous.

FWIW... Good luck with your decision process, and let us know what you end up with!
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, we can get into both sides of our fridge when closed, but the left door doesn't open fully.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123