User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Airlift Wireless One and have been happy so far. The kit includes numerous mounting options. So far, it has held air for the week I've had it installed.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the CO2 tank vote. I have two 10lb CO2 tanks from Power Tank. I like that they do not need power, they are super fast at airing up a tire and can run air tools. Just that they are not an "endless" supply of air, they eventually will need refilled. I don't think you can go wrong with either a Viair compressor or carrying a liquid CO2 tank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Viair 450p-rvs is awesome - expensive but awesome.
    https://www.viaircorp.com/rvs-portables/450p-rvs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ASY23I..._t1_B000L9AD2U

Any opinions on this one? Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it had to due with the duty cycle of the compressor. When inflating over 80psi, it can take about 1 minute to increase the pressure another 2-3psi, so with a 4 min run, then 5 min cool down, that could take a while to get to 110psi. The 400 (I believe) and 450 models have a 100% duty cycle.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    Yes, buy the Viair 88P. It is excellent for topping off the pressure in your tires.
    I have used mine 8 times during two years of travels.
    It is small but powerful, and light weight.
    Larry & Jeannie
    Petoskey, MI
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ NHT heavy tow option,
    AirLift airbags, Bilstein Shocks, Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus Tires - 285/50R20 116T XL
    Eeztire TPMS
    2017 Reflection 29RS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Milwaukee unit looks like a really good portable compressor option. How many top-offs do you get on a charge?
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    The new Viair 450p-rvs is awesome - expensive but awesome.
    https://www.viaircorp.com/rvs-portables/450p-rvs

I had two of the regular compressors previous to my Viair 450P-RV and it would take forever to get each of the six tires on my Momentum to 110 psi (even though they were rated for 125 psi). I was talking to a couple of guys with the big diesel pushers and I noticed that they all use the Viair and do it real quick. It doesn't have a tank like the regular compressors and I couldn't figure out how such a small compressor could air up those buses so quick.

I finally broke down and bought one. Very pricey but no regrets, I'd buy the same thing again in a minute! Very fast, very efficient.....with the two hoses connected together I could do all six tires on my Momentum and my truck without having to move the truck. And because there's no tank, it's not putting moisture (condensation) inside your tires. It takes up much less space than either of those other two compressors and it's lighter, too.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-45053-A...e%2C214&sr=1-1
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I had two of the regular compressors previous to my Viair 450P-RV and it would take forever to get each of the six tires on my Momentum to 110 psi (even though they were rated for 125 psi). I was talking to a couple of guys with the big diesel pushers and I noticed that they all use the Viair and do it real quick. It doesn't have a tank like the regular compressors and I couldn't figure out how such a small compressor could air up those buses so quick.

I finally broke down and bought one. Very pricey but no regrets, I'd buy the same thing again in a minute! Very fast, very efficient.....with the two hoses connected together I could do all six tires on my Momentum and my truck without having to move the truck. And because there's no tank, it's not putting moisture (condensation) inside your tires. It takes up much less space than either of those other two compressors and it's lighter, too.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-45053-A...e%2C214&sr=1-1
    Hey JC, I bought a Viair compressor and love it even with the initial sticker shock.

But not having a tank doesn't mean the air is dry. The compressor is not drying the air out as it is compressed. All of the ambient humidity will be pumped into the tire. Its not a big deal but it does take a dryer to get the moisture out of the air, not a tank.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Hey JC, I bought a Viair compressor and love it even with the initial sticker shock.

But not having a tank doesn't mean the air is dry. The compressor is not drying the air out as it is compressed. All of the ambient humidity will be pumped into the tire. Its not a big deal but it does take a dryer to get the moisture out of the air, not a tank.
    When I put my hand in front of the nozzle and pull the trigger on a tank compressor my hand gets very wet (especially in Colorado in the winter). When I do that with the Viair I my hand never gets wet.....not even in Colorado in the winter. My experience. When I inquired, the reply was because it doesn't have a tank for the condensation to collect in.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast