Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures Jim - that is exactly what I did only I used duct tape on the edges. It is working good now! Can't say enough about the support. Saved me a round trip of about 150 miles, about 13 gallons of fuel and a day of billable hours!!
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean. My dealer is only 20 miles away, but it's such a pain to take it in and leave it. Although JD said he'd have to hook us up with an Atwood service center instead of our dealer. When I looked, there were several in our area. I'm sure glad I didn't have to take it in for service. Our A/C is struggling a little bit today. It's working good, but the outside temperature is supposed to peak in a couple hours at 109-110! Right now, it's 84 inside, and 103 outside. But we keep opening the door so we can pack it full of all our stuff we "need" on our journey. The nice thing is the vents are continuously blowing cool air, and the compressor hasn't been cycling off and on. We can't wait to hit the road Wednesday.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully you get to some cooler weather! I'd roast in those temps even though it's "dry" heat. Give me 75 during the day and 45 at night and I'm a happy camper. Good luck and happy travels on your adventure!!
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that as I read through these forums, I am seeing others with the same issues we have found. We haven't been in any real high heat, so not sure whether the cooling will be adequate, but we have noticed the issue with the fan constantly running. It will be at the dealership soon to address multiple issues from our first trip, and I will be asking about both the perma-fan and the baffle.

thanks to Jim for the thread, and if I learn anything above what is already here, I will be sure to share it.
    Chuck and Kara
    Southern Arizona
    2014 GD Reflection 337RLS #353
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD- Duramax/Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, since you are in Tucson along with me, maybe you can answer my question? With two AC units, can you keep cool during these summer temps? We are considering moving into ours full time in a few years, and would live in Casa Grande. With summer temps up to 110-115, we are worried whether the AC's can keep up and keep life less than miserable. Once I retire in about 4 years, we will chase the whether and hopefully never experience 100+ again!
    Chuck and Kara
    Southern Arizona
    2014 GD Reflection 337RLS #353
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD- Duramax/Allison

Tl1000r
    Thanks for the photos of the baffle .

Last night was the first warm night with the air on , we roasted , it kept cycling every couple of min .

Just popped the cover and the baffle was at an angle , ousted it in and metal taped it up , and it's cooling / staying on now .

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chuck and Kara - With the AC running correctly, I don't think it's enough to keep the unit cool in very high temps. There is a lot of cubic feet in a 337. I'd recommed a second AC if you are going to be staying in it in the desert heat. We left ours on for 48 hours straight once it started working correctly. The afternoon temp was in the high 80's inside.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures! When my 303 comes in this is one of the first things I will check.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I fixed our baffle, we have not had any problems. Highest temp has been about 84 outside so nothing too bad yet but our 84 in Michigan, also has at least 60% humidity. I had my wife wearing her sweater the last two weekends! The fan does run all the time but it is quiet. I don't notice it all when it is on low. After three weekends in the unit, there is nothing going wrong and we just love it! Can't wait to spend a couple of weeks in it. I hope fuel comes down soon - $4.00 a gallon around Michigan right now - not as bad as Tuscon Jim's prices.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, your post and pictures really helped me figure this one out. I had the same issues being discussed in the thread and was ready to take it back to the dealer also. I pulled the interior cover and saw that my baffle was also pushed forward at the top by about 30 degrees and there were air gaps around the top of the baffle. I streightened the baffle and foil taped all four sides. Can't really test it today as the temps are pretty cool right now but will test it more when the heat comes. I suspect the baffle either gets installed wrong by Atwood or is moved somehow during assembly/installation. Thanks for the description and pics. Really helped a lot.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast