User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP Quick Connect going to the back of a 350M?

I bought a Camp Chef three burner stove and wanted to hook it up to my 30lbs tanks. I saw a quick connect going to the stove under the slide, but did not see anything going to the back of the garage to use a quick connect. Does anybody have any input on this? How would you use your 30lbs tank to run your stove, heater and also a 3 burner stove together?
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    My last 5th wheel came with quick connect but I had to add them to my Momentum. When I first added them it did not work properly. I could only run one burner at a time and had a high pitched noise coming from the regulator. After doing some research I found that the ACME fittings on the propane bottles limited the amount of flow. The different colors have different ratings, mine were green and I changed them to red. Now I can run both burners on my Camp Chef and my webber grill at the same time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1130
    I removed a elbow and added a tee.

Views:	77 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	1131

Views:	75 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1132
    New red ACME fitting

Views:	60 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1133
    Old green ACME fitting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    I bought a Camp Chef three burner stove and wanted to hook it up to my 30lbs tanks. I saw a quick connect going to the stove under the slide, but did not see anything going to the back of the garage to use a quick connect. Does anybody have any input on this? How would you use your 30lbs tank to run your stove, heater and also a 3 burner stove together?
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsjk View Post
    My last 5th wheel came with quick connect but I had to add them to my Momentum. When I first added them it did not work properly. I could only run one burner at a time and had a high pitched noise coming from the regulator. After doing some research I found that the ACME fittings on the propane bottles limited the amount of flow. The different colors have different ratings, mine were green and I changed them to red. Now I can run both burners on my Camp Chef and my webber grill at the same time.

Views:	85 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1130
    I removed a elbow and added a tee.

Views:	77 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	1131

Views:	75 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1132
    New red ACME fitting

Views:	60 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1133
    Old green ACME fitting
    That's what I want to do. Thanks for the pictures. What size black pipe did you use? 1/4" 3/8" 1/2"? I was just curious of why the green acme connection was not capable of running the stove, it shows on the cap, rated for 220,000 BTU.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    I used 1/2" pipe. One of the green fittings worked ok as long as the water heater did not come on but the other one would not. The indicator on the regulator would show red when I had the burner on regardless of wich bottle I was using. My old camper had green fittings also and it worked perfect. So I would assume the biggest issue was made in China. If I were you I would leave the green ones on until you test them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!!! Now let me bug you a bit more...did you use the Camco Quick connectors? If yes, how did you reduce down to 1/4" MPT? I am having difficulty finding my fittings that I need. Did you use in soft line from the regulator to the black pipe? I also need to come off the camp chef stove, 3/8" Flare Female x 1/4" NPT Female. Is this possible? Trying to reduce the amount of connections in the system. Sorry for all the questions, never ran gas lines before and I am just nervous for leaks. I have ran air lines, but if there is a leak in that, it doesn't blow up!!!
    Last edited by GD350M; 12-15-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    It came with a flex hose that ran down to the hard pipe that runs back to the kitchen. I disconnected the hose, removed the flare fitting from the existing hard pipe, installed the tee that you see in the first pic. Then I put the flare fitting on the tee and re connected the flex hose. I think the quick connects I got are made by Mr. heater but they are a standard LP quick connect. I got all my fitting from Lowes and the quick connects from ebay. I also put quick connects on my grill and Camp Chef stove and got a several of 10' and 15' hoses so I can connect them together and move around a little. I'm not sure what would work best on your 350M because I have 385. But it it just so happens my dad is buying a 350M today and I will take a look at it latter on today when he gets home.
    By the what what part of Lafayette are you from? I was there all last week doing some training for work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more towards the youngsville side of Lafayette. I see now what you did, this may be a better choice for me too. I will get under the coach and see what's the best way to run mine. I just spent $20 a a flex hose that I may not need now. It was custom made for what I thought I wanted to do. Oh well!! Thanks for your help, and if your dad gets his and you see a better way of running this, please let me know. I would appreciate it.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    I ran my hard pipe strait down from the tee then strait across to the other side. I looked at my dads 350M and it looks like it will need a couple more elbows to miss the generator exhaust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the underbelly LED lights that are run on the bottom of the Frame Rails. I see how I could do it, just scare to screw into a new frame. Lol
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsjk View Post
    I ran my hard pipe strait down from the tee then strait across to the other side. I looked at my dads 350M and it looks like it will need a couple more elbows to miss the generator exhaust.
    If you run this for your dads 350M could you give me details on how you ran it, what you used and pictures to go with? I want to do it, but don't want it to look like crap either.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast