User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rob for the plumbing list and related info. Very valuable info, I'm spending plenty of time learning as much as I can about this subject to be able to tackle an emergency leak issue. I'm about 3/4 of the way with stocking my plumbing kit.

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello out there (to happy campers)
    I have just about completed my plumbing parts and tools kit based on Rob's recommendations. I would like to include some of the valves in the Nautilus P1 system as spares, especially the city water valve. I contacted B&B by email and a rep. called to say parts can be purchased through JR Products. I contacted JR and a sales rep. said they do not stock B&B parts and to contact B&B again. I have not had a reply from B&B but JR does sell a valve that looks like it could be a city water valve for the P!. The part number is 2P-A. Can anyone confirm for me if they have purchased a city water valve for their P1 and is it the same as the JR city water valve 2P-A. Thanks. When I receive more info I'll pass it along as I would like to get a few more valves for the system to carry as spares.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice list and great photo illustrations!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Pete - I put in the slider window long before I got into the whole plumbing rebuild. It was a piece of plexiglass that I just happened to have. That's why it is tinted . . . wouldn't have bought tinted plexi just for this . The rails that it slides in are fabricated on the table saw. More about this window at the start of this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ght=plexiglass Others have put various opening windows in this wall, but the slider is easy to open with the minimum disruption to stuff stored in the pass through. Using a finger hole rather than a knob means that things don't catch on the slider.

Rob
    Completed my spare parts kit with your list, a big thanks.Thanks

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post. Would you recommend installing shut off valves to the toilets as a prevention?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone needs Kantleak parts I have some that I won’t be using. Pay for shipping and it’s yours. Thanks, Jerry
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadpad View Post
    Thanks for the post. Would you recommend installing shut off valves to the toilets as a prevention?
    Hi there, I see that this is your first post, welcome.

It's best whenever replying or responding to someone's post to click on the "Reply With Quote" link found at the bottom of every post here. That copies the text you're responding to into the editor so it gets published with your message, making it clearer who and what you're responding to. Further, after you create your message and click the "Post Quick Reply" button to publish it, the person you've responded to gets a notification of it and is more likely to return to the thread and respond to your post if necessary.

On to your question...

There aren't many posts here about installing shut-off valves on their toilets. I can guess at a couple of reasons for that.

One reason may be that flooding risk is low. The valve that controls flow into the toilet has failed at least once - I remember someone posting about it - but it is far from common. To cause serious damage it would have to fail such that it could fill your black tank and overflow before you noticed it, which is certainly not impossible but not a common event.

The second reason may be that it *is* somewhat common for the soft hose found in parts of our plumbing systems - including feeding your toilet - to fail. The failures nearly always occur where the hose joins a fitting. They occur because the fittings are PEX fittings, with the diameter of their coupling tubes being slightly too small for the soft hose, so over time pressure can swell the soft hose at the fitting and leaking can occur. Adding a shutoff valve to the toilet would add two more of these weak-point connections to your plumbing unless you replaced the soft hose that feeds your toilet with proper PEX.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123