Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De-winterize help: Clarification of procedure in GD video for Reflection

I have been watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsxeTN1Fi3o

I'm good up to the 2:13 point, then I'm confused. I'm supposed to set it on Powerfill, turn on both the City water AND the pump in order to clean out residual anti-freeze in the pump. So... how long do I want to run this-somewhere between briefly and filling up the fresh water tank?

Thanks if anyone can explain this clearly.

And Merry Christmas and any other holidays you might observe!

Peter

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    I have been watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsxeTN1Fi3o I'm good up to the 2:13 point, then I'm confused. I'm supposed to set it on Powerfill, turn on both the City water AND the pump in order to clean out residual anti-freeze in the pump. So... how long do I want to run this-somewhere between briefly and filling up the fresh water tank? Thanks if anyone can explain this clearly. And Merry Christmas and any other holidays you might observe! Peter
    How long? Long enough!

I'm confused too by the instruction to Powerfill and turn on the pump (and presumably begin flushing fixtures) at the same time. I don't think that's ideal.

Even though the fresh tank has not been filled with antifreeze there will likely be some in there, mixed with with any residual water that's been in there for weeks or months. IMO the first objective is to dilute it with fresh and and rinse it all out of there. I do that with a good Powerfill that I then dump completely with the fresh water tank dump valve. Then I Powerfill more fresh water into the tank, turn on the pump, and pump water through each of the fixtures. The water coming from the tank and pushing the antifreeze out of the lines is fresher than if you simultaneously start Powerfilling and flushing the lines.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    How long? Long enough!

I'm confused too by the instruction to Powerfill and turn on the pump (and presumably begin flushing fixtures) at the same time. I don't think that's ideal.

Even though the fresh tank has not been filled with antifreeze there will likely be some in there, mixed with with any residual water that's been in there for weeks or months. IMO the first objective is to dilute it with fresh and and rinse it all out of there. I do that with a good Powerfill that I then dump completely with the fresh water tank dump valve. Then I Powerfill more fresh water into the tank, turn on the pump, and pump water through each of the fixtures. The water coming from the tank and pushing the antifreeze out of the lines is fresher than if you simultaneously start Powerfilling and flushing the lines.
    Thanks for responding Boyscout-that sounds like a logical approach!