User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Couldn't tell by the pictures, but how do you keep the bombay doors secured ? Also what is the accumulator tank used for ? That is an absolutely unbelievable project you completed. Maybe on your way south this fall, you might be persuaded to stop in SC and preform your magic on my 27RL.
    Hi minnow101 - The bombay doors are held closed by three bolts each. (There are only the center bolts installed in the picture, but there are two more locations on each door.) Neither these fasteners nor the hinge fasteners are just screws. They are all bolts into threaded inserts.

The accumulator tank extends the water pressure available between "pump off" and "pump on". This allows things like toilet flushes without the pump coming on and is better for the pump than the quick cycling with no accumulator tank. Several years ago, I had an in-depth discussion on this forum with Brent M on how to set up the accumulator tank for maximum benefit. This discussion from 2015 is here https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Brent%27s+mods with the accumulator tank part between about posts 71 and 92. Brent has a Youtube video linked to post #80 where he demonstrates my advice on how to set up the tank pressure (vs the advice he got previously ).

The accumulator tank can be T'd into any cold water line and this along with a pressure gauge, are two simple additions to significantly improve the on-board pump driven water system. Attached is a picture which explains how the accumulator tank does this.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0451.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Over the last few years, I have posted about how to fix Kantleak system leaks, soft hose to Pex fitting leaks, a burst hose, the risks of leaving the water turned on, difficult gate valve operation and lack of furnace access on early Reflections. After wrestling with all of these things, I decided to rip it all out and build a plumbing system that would be the way I wanted it to be. Of course, this turned into a much longer project than expected (like that has never happened before ) but, each piece of the puzzle was not particularly difficult to accomplish. Not that anyone would likely take on all of this, but there may be ideas here that you can use. I post this story for those who have been following the bits and pieces of the project over several different threads.

Rob
    Rob,
    What size threaded hole was used for the pump Vibration-Damping Mounts?

Thanks,
    Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Rob,
    What size threaded hole was used for the pump Vibration-Damping Mounts?

Thanks,
    Gene
    Hi Gene - These mounts sit in a through-drilled hole in the wood base and are fastened in place with two screws. The bolt through the pump foot goes down through the center but does not touch the floor underneath.

I can't even tell you what these were originally used for. I bought a bag of then at a surplus place, many years ago and have been using them to isolate vibration on a number of things ever since. I just used up my last four . . . so, I guess I will have to be on the lookout for more .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2456.jpg  
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 07-05-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gene - These mounts sit in a through-drilled hole in the wood base and are fasten in place with two screws. The bolt through the pump foot goes down through the center but does not touch the floor underneath.

I can't even tell you what these were originally used for. I bought a bag of then at a surplus place, many years ago and have been using them to isolate vibration on a number of things ever since. I just used up my last four . . . so, I guess I will have to be on the lookout for more .

Rob
    Thanks, Rob
    I was just remembering the mounts while looking for parts at McMaster-Carr - I'll take a look at mine when I'm in the basement.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#vibration-...ounts/=1dkyujs

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gene - These mounts sit in a through-drilled hole in the wood base and are fastened in place with two screws. The bolt through the pump foot goes down through the center but does not touch the floor underneath.

Rob
    Looks like a generic Lord mount Rob. I've used them over the years anytime vibration isolation is needed. Bet they work great on the pump. Bang up job on the water system. Must have been satisfying to get that job finished.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Looks like a generic Lord mount Rob. I've used them over the years anytime vibration isolation is needed. Bet they work great on the pump. Bang up job on the water system. Must have been satisfying to get that job finished.
    Jim - You would be right. Found them. Thanks for the tip!

WRT pump noise and vibration, you can still hear it "humming" when in the bathroom, but not really noticeable anywhere else in the trailer.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rubber-Parts-Catalog-Delta-Flex-LORD-Plateform-Mount-106PDL-2-Pic_0.jpg  
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 07-05-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding work and documentation as always, Rob ! Thank you, so much for sharing this. Among the RV, boat, vehicles, home, and other......it's a good thing you have 80 hour days !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To say your work and documentation are excellent would be an understatement Rob. Very well done. When I look behind access panels in my rig, I cringe and close them up as fast as I can. My OCD kicks in real fast.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    To say your work and documentation are excellent would be an understatement Rob. Very well done. When I look behind access panels in my rig, I cringe and close them up as fast as I can. My OCD kicks in real fast.

I've looked in there as well and think I should do something, then close it up and think outa sight outa mind. . . . Hey Brian, I wonder if we could get Rob to fix it for us? ?
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the last few years, I have posted about how to fix Kantleak system leaks, soft hose to Pex fitting leaks, a burst hose, the risks of leaving the water turned on, difficult gate valve operation and lack of furnace access on early Reflections. After wrestling with all of these things, I decided to rip it all out and build a plumbing system that would be the way I wanted it to be. Of course, this turned into a much longer project than expected (like that has never happened before ) but, each piece of the puzzle was not particularly difficult to accomplish. Not that anyone would likely take on all of this, but there may be ideas here that you can use. I post this story for those who have been following the bits and pieces of the project over several different threads.

Rob
    Well Done Rob! Great documentation for others.
    when I changed my docking station side panel to a hinged door I saw the mess inside and its not near as complicated as your Reflection, I got disgusted with the whole mess and covered it back up. i probably dont want to see what is hidden by the coroplast.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast