User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Thanks Jim for this. I've ordered a version of the Studor from Amazon myself. I will change out the bathroom and keep the old one in case the kitchen one goes bad. Right now, I'm ok, but I think there are enough complaints to warrant the $13.71 from Amazon Prime. Here's a link for others who use Amazon: Studor

Brent
    Thanks for this thread. Had same issue past two days, decided to search on the forum and these responses are right on target.. Turns out mine was so loose that there was no seal at all, could have been from road trip, not sure, going to upgrade to a better Air Admittance Valve. They just screw on? Or I need to glue?
    -----------------------
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH
    2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 3.7 Cummins Diesel with Air Springs, Edge Performance Tuner, Demco Hijacker Autoslide
    Wife, Daughter, Bernese Mountain dog (aka the lapdog), Collie (aka the boss) and me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnfire View Post
    Thanks for this thread. Had same issue past two days, decided to search on the forum and these responses are right on target.. Turns out mine was so loose that there was no seal at all, could have been from road trip, not sure, going to upgrade to a better Air Admittance Valve. They just screw on? Or I need to glue?
    Just screw on. No glue needed. (Assuming that you just unscrewed the old one and didn't cut off the pipe or some such!)

-Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that a post made over 6 years ago is still so relevant. Thank you to the original poster. We were out on a trip a couple weeks ago and the smell under the sink was horrid. Hubby checked for leaks and we could tell it was isolated to under the sink because there wasn't a smell in the basement, shower or even from the toillet. He finally narrowed it to the air admittance valve. Finding this thread verified things for us. He removed it today and noticed that the valve wasn't sealing when closed. We went out and bought two to go ahead and replace the bathroom and kitchen. Such an easy and cheap fix. Not sure why GD hasn't upgraded these after all these years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started having an issue when I was in AZ at the AFB. I think I am looking for the vacuum break valve? I am trying to find out where it is.

“ 5. Check the valve/vacuum break for the black tank washer. If it fails, odor can get inside the coach. It is typically installed behind the shower area.”

Are there any pictures of what I’m looking for?
    Last edited by Barfield2013; 07-02-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789