User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I guess I'm lazy..... I don't like having to move my water supply hose from the water inlet to the black tank flush inlet when I drain the black tank. If I'm leaving a site sometimes it's OK but if I just need to flush and am staying it's a hassle. And I don't like having to run 2 hoses.

So.... I did what I did in my previous RV - I ran some PVC pipe with ball valves and check valves so I could just quick connect my supply hose and control water to which ever (or both) inputs.

Anticipating the next question - fear of cross contamination between the black tank flush and fresh water: there is already an anti siphon valve to the black tank flush (which I inspected just to be sure it works) and I incorporated check valves (just in case).

The loop I run in the hose to the quick connect is to provide some strain relief to the water connection.

Attachment 13675Attachment 13676
    I just came across this and i love the idea, i too use the same hose for flush. However, when i winterize my 337, i have to reverse the strainer inside the city water intake inorder for the pump to siphon the antifreeze. Not sure if you have to do the same thing, but if you do how do you do it with your new setup?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might not like my answer, Maximus..... I don't have to winterize. Not only the benefits of living in FL but getting to put in a garage when not in use (too much in that place lately!).

I have since upgraded that connection to include a water valve. Now I can turn the water off when I leave from inside (or outside). Too many times we'd get back late at night, go inside and start to relax only to realize we didn't turn the water on at the spigot. And you-know-who had to go out and turn it on. (see - I'm am quite lazy)

Here is a link to that mod....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    You might not like my answer, Maximus..... I don't have to winterize. Not only the benefits of living in FL but getting to put in a garage when not in use (too much in that place lately!).

I have since upgraded that connection to include a water valve. Now I can turn the water off when I leave from inside (or outside). Too many times we'd get back late at night, go inside and start to relax only to realize we didn't turn the water on at the spigot. And you-know-who had to go out and turn it on. (see - I'm am quite lazy)

Here is a link to that mod....
    Thanks for the reply. That water valve is cool.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234