User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lazy Man's Water Inlet Control.

I guess I'm lazy..... I don't like having to move my water supply hose from the water inlet to the black tank flush inlet when I drain the black tank. If I'm leaving a site sometimes it's OK but if I just need to flush and am staying it's a hassle. And I don't like having to run 2 hoses.

So.... I did what I did in my previous RV - I ran some PVC pipe with ball valves and check valves so I could just quick connect my supply hose and control water to which ever (or both) inputs.

Anticipating the next question - fear of cross contamination between the black tank flush and fresh water: there is already an anti siphon valve to the black tank flush (which I inspected just to be sure it works) and I incorporated check valves (just in case).

The loop I run in the hose to the quick connect is to provide some strain relief to the water connection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7687.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	13675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7688.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	13676
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that idea! I use two short hoses with quick connects but I like yours better!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm old-school (and a retired Army nurse with third-world experience), but I use two separate hoses - different colors, too...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Maybe I'm old-school (and a retired Army nurse with third-world experience), but I use two separate hoses - different colors, too...

Rob
    Me, too. Separate hoses. I once watched a guy breaking camp. He dumped his tanks, removed one end of his sewer hose then used his freshwater hose that he had just removed from the trailer inlet to rinse the sewer hose. He actually stuck the end of the freshwater hose down inside the sewer hose! All the while he was barehanded. I’m no cleanliness freak, but watching him do this then just roll up the hose and store it revolted even me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill & Jeri RV Travels View Post
    Me, too. Separate hoses. I once watched a guy breaking camp. He dumped his tanks, removed one end of his sewer hose then used his freshwater hose that he had just removed from the trailer inlet to rinse the sewer hose. He actually stuck the end of the freshwater hose down inside the sewer hose! All the while he was barehanded. I’m no cleanliness freak, but watching him do this then just roll up the hose and store it revolted even me.

I observed the exact same thing about a year ago at a park in California. The guy then gets in the class A without washing his hands and proceeds to touch the steering wheel and a bunch of controls on the dash and overhead. Probably ate his sandwich at noon without washing, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys don't eat a sandwich while you're dumping your tanks? LOL I once watched a group of tent campers wash their dishes at the dump station. Guess they couldn't read the 4'x4' sign that read DANGER.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lazy Man's Water Inlet Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I observed the exact same thing about a year ago at a park in California. The guy then gets in the class A without washing his hands and proceeds to touch the steering wheel and a bunch of controls on the dash and overhead. Probably ate his sandwich at noon without washing, too.

Rob
    We see people do stuff like this all the time, which is why, along with wearing gloves, we keep several cans of Lysol spray in the water compartment and spray down the faucets, hoses, everything before and after using the station.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen that too...that’s why I wear disposable gloves every time I touch anything related to either black or gray tanks, or dump paraphernalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never use a single hose. I use a black colored hose to flush the black tank and to flush the sewer hose when getting underway. I use gloves anytime I am working on the sewer. I use a proper white drinking water hose and keep the two hoses far apart. I use a mild antiseptic spray on the water bib. It is just not worth the risk of a septic infection.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice workmanship on the plumbing. I would still not connect the drinking water to the black tank flush even with check valves. I’ve seen too man check valves fail in my time. I agree I use a different hose for each input and disposable gloves when handling any of the dump side. That’s just what makes me comfortable.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast