User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Improvements to the Furrion observation camera signal

Furrion observation camera improvement mods. I purchased the camera one week ago before we made a 300 mile trip. I had a good view up until about 40 mph and then lost the complete signal with a very rare blip of a picture. My antennas were oriented perfectly vertical but I do have a 377 MBS which is 42 feet long. I was ready to send the camera back to Amazon but thought I would try ordering some Wi-Fi antenna’s which seem to have helped dramatically. I went from two bars all the way up to the 4 bars. I replaced The cameras short antennae with a 12 inch antenna that now stands 6-8 inches above the coach. I also used a magnetic base and placed the receiver antenna on this so it could be mounted outside the truck on the roof. I have not yet pulled the trailer but I will in three days when we leave for home and I will report back if it works well. But based on a static image I went from two bars to four bars. This is what I ordered from Amazon:

Universal Kit Dual Band Wi-Fi 9dbi Booster Long Range Omni Directional 2.4/5Ghz Antenna RP-SMA Male Connector on Magnet Base with connectors and extenders https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765ZKWV9..._wPPpBbRSR76ZKClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1520D98E-3C1A-42CC-8E17-F05A77A24EB9.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	757.4 KB 
ID:	13713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3ADB74BD-F1F3-44C3-9E71-FCFD74DF9155.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1,006.3 KB 
ID:	13714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68FF7BAD-FAD4-46B6-AC84-E69A9648CEF7.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1,018.2 KB 
ID:	13715
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did this mod myself. Completely fixed the issue of lag and breakup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    Furrion observation camera improvement mods. I purchased the camera one week ago before we made a 300 mile trip. I had a good view up until about 40 mph and then lost the complete signal with a very rare blip of a picture. My antennas were oriented perfectly vertical but I do have a 377 MBS which is 42 feet long. I was ready to send the camera back to Amazon but thought I would try ordering some Wi-Fi antenna’s which seem to have helped dramatically. I went from two bars all the way up to the 4 bars. I replaced The cameras short antennae with a 12 inch antenna that now stands 6-8 inches above the coach. I also used a magnetic base and placed the receiver antenna on this so it could be mounted outside the truck on the roof. I have not yet pulled the trailer but I will in three days when we leave for home and I will report back if it works well. But based on a static image I went from two bars to four bars. This is what I ordered from Amazon:

Universal Kit Dual Band Wi-Fi 9dbi Booster Long Range Omni Directional 2.4/5Ghz Antenna RP-SMA Male Connector on Magnet Base with connectors and extenders https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765ZKWV9..._wPPpBbRSR76ZKClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1520D98E-3C1A-42CC-8E17-F05A77A24EB9.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	757.4 KB 
ID:	13713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3ADB74BD-F1F3-44C3-9E71-FCFD74DF9155.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1,006.3 KB 
ID:	13714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68FF7BAD-FAD4-46B6-AC84-E69A9648CEF7.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1,018.2 KB 
ID:	13715
    Cool. Only concern is how do you roll up the truck window if it is raining without messing up the wire from the antennae?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is run out the door to the cab roof...much easier on the wire than closing it in a window.really hasnt seemed to crimp the wire much at all.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hwktlg8, Thanks for the info. My camera works 95% of the time with no issues. I was wondering if by using the taller antenna on the camera, would I even need to use the antenna on the cab of the truck.

I have crew crew cab dually with an 8 foot bed. Monitor mounted on the dash and camera on the rear of a Momentum 376TH. Can’t be many setups that are greater in distance. I was thinking that using the taller antenna on the camera could possibly take me from 95% to 100% reception without the cab antenna. Your thoughts?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Hwktlg8, Thanks for the info. My camera works 95% of the time with no issues. I was wondering if by using the taller antenna on the camera, would I even need to use the antenna on the cab of the truck.

I have crew crew cab dually with an 8 foot bed. Monitor mounted on the dash and camera on the rear of a Momentum 376TH. Can’t be many setups that are greater in distance. I was thinking that using the taller antenna on the camera could possibly take me from 95% to 100% reception without the cab antenna. Your thoughts?
    That could be the case...I first hooked up the magnet mounted receiver antenna and went from 2-3 bars. After putting on the longer antenna one the camera it jumped up to 4... in my case (GMC truck) there is no good way to mount the receiver screen in the windshield that allows for vertical orientation of the receiver antenna for best reception, so running it outside was the only way I could do that....its intersting that I posted same info on Facebook ( through wifes acct- I dont have one)
    and someone responded with the same 5th wheel as mine he has very little problems with stock Furrion- his TV was also a RAM. With all of the electronics in modern vehicles I wonder if some makes (Ram) have less interference than others (GMC/Chevy)
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

BTW I'm convinced the signal dropping at speed is due to the Doppler effect. Since the faster you go, the further the relative distance from the rear transmitter to the receiver up front. The transmission frequency drops below expected digital range and receiver cuts off reception because it is perceived as interference. If it was an analog signal it would just get snowy, but digital just cuts off. Hopefully the taller antennas will help provide more "power" from the transmitter and overcome the weak digital signal at speed. I guess we will see. Please report back. Thanks!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just plugged in two of those wifi antennae. One on the camera and the same one on the receiver. I didn't need an outside roof mounted antennae. Actually with just the receiver antennae alone it almost fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    I just plugged in two of those wifi antennae.
    Do you have a source/part # for those longer antennae?

Thanks,
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Do you have a source/part # for those longer antennae?

Thanks,
    I listed the Amazon link in the original post just click the link
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast