User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Looking for recommendations for grill/stove for our new camper

Our old camper had a grill attached to the bumper and although it was convenient, it was a pain to clean and did not grill very well. So now in search of a grill/stove combo that is portable that I can modify to hook up to the new 303RLS TT's propane system. Currently looking at the Weber Q2200, the Coleman Road Trip LXE or the Blackstone tailgator. Thes al have to have the option of a stand or have it integrated. Like to keep price under $300 and usually it just 4 people so cooking area does not have to be huge.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Weber Q1200 (just two of us) and have been very pleased with it. Cooks well and is fairly easy to clean up. Only had it a few months, but it seems well made.

One thing to keep in mind (that I had not thought of before purchasing). We camp in bear country (Colorado mountains) and are required to put the grill inside a vehicle (car/truck/trailer) at night. Our grill is free standing. I just set it on a table to use and put it in the basement at night. Easy-peesy.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with a NEX Grill from Costco and I think Home Depot has one similar. It has a a standard connection to a propane tank, not the little Coleman tanks. I bought a 12' extension and put a quick disconnect on it to use on my GD 337.
    I also bought a Green Mountain Tail Gate smoker. It will run on 12v and uses smoking pellets. This will definitely wake your camping neighbors when you pop in a rack of ribs or a whole chicken and some mesquite pellets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a WeberQ2000 series and a Blackstone griddle. Weber has an adapter hose to use refillable tanks instead of disposables.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Napoleon 285TX that comes with a collapsible stand. Runs on 1 lb propane bottles so I bought an attachment to hook it up to a 20 lbs tank we use for our firebowl. One day I may connect it to the RV's propane but it uses so little propane, it hasn't been a problem yet.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been carrying and using a Weber Q1200 for the last two years and love it. Early last year before our Alaska trip I easily converted it to run off the low pressure QD already installed on our trailer. I also converted the Q1200’s regulator with QDs to match so we could still use the little green canisters if we wanted or needed to. This came in handy on the Alaska trip when we broke a spring hanger that damaged the line going to the QD in the rear (since repaired). We love our little Q1200 and have used it several times to cook for 4+ people. As said above, if we are in bear country, after using the grill I put the cover back on and wrap the entire thing inside a large contractor size/strength plastic bag and easily store it in our pass thru storage compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Q2200. I keep a Weber Genesis at home (6 years old, still going great, looks great, just do a spring clean every year, replaced the grates once). Our Q2200 is relatively new, but I can already tell it cooks wonderfully (after the 8-10 times we’ve used it), and the quality is there. We also carry the small Blackstone griddle in our outdoor kitchen for foods that cook well griddle-style (pancakes, bacon, etc). We purchased the adapter propane cable to use regular 20/30lb propane tanks but haven’t used it yet, as we had a bunch of 1lb camping propane bottles to exhaust first. In our opinion, you absolutely cannot go wrong with the Weber grills.

Best of luck in your search!
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Versatility? Blackstone tailgater. Griddle which can handle almost anything plus the burner.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having had both the Weber Q and RoadTrip, hands down used as a grill the Weber by a mile. Grilling on the roadtrip was horrible. Uneven heat etc, but it did make a nice cook stove.
    Now we keep the WeberQ and Weber Jumbo Joe charcoal grill with us. It depends on the situation which grill we use (prefer charcoal grilling) and for an outdoor stove we have one of the smaller camp chef 30,000 btu stoves.
    We also keep an extra 20lb propane tank and set up a "camp Kitchen" away from the trailer under a quickshade type canopy. It keeps food smells inside to a minimum. N
    Thinking back we never did like cooking next to any of our trailers or tent.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a RoadTrip and now have a WeberQ. The Weber wins, without a doubt, and takes less basement space and is a little easier to get in and out. We aren’t really picnic table sitters, so haven’t bothered with an extra stand, just put it at the end of the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast