User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that's the only cat I've seen on a leash.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like think that in the end there is justice.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09EFCB14-3A80-49E8-9DE8-D58C9674EC78.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	13811
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya Jim. We have had several instances at the park this summer, and one in a nearby neighborhood. We’ve had dogs off leash. One Doberman was making his way toward us, and when we called to the owner, he nonchalantly replied, I got it. He said his dog was “highly trained”, and then proceeded to press the button for the dogs shock collar.

While in a mountain neighborhood street we saw a nice fella we met a few days back. Then we saw he had a golden lab walking with him off leash. The dog made a beeline line for us, albeit slowly. The man said the dog is old and he has no control over him. After a few seconds of sniffing, the dog attempted to attach each of our dogs. Wife picks one up and goes running, I dove on the lab while he’s trying to maul our second dog, and then thankfully our second dog ran back to my wife. The man apologized and said...guess what....”he’s never done that before”. I will give him some slack though, it was his street and I was a visitor.

Come on man, leash your dogs and don’t be ignorant to what they are capable of...
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During our first experience camping with our new 315RLTS we encountered multiple dogs running loose (at Fair Harbor RV Campground) even though there are signs exclaiming that leashless dogs "will not be tolerated". Before going home we camped at our association's small campground that is minutes from home. There were three of us in the campground, and of course the neighbor let their dog out unleashed.

In all cases the dogs were friendly and had sweet dispositions, but my poodle is fearful when a dog rushes him so there's an immediate fight reaction. (Normally he's a happy-go-lucky, let's-play-and-be-friends dog.) From these two experiences Fran and I will never be able to tie out Brody (the poodle) or Little P (our pomeranian) even with one of us in the immediate area, since we won't be able to react fast enough. It's a doggone <pun intended> shame, but sadly not surprising.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you see someone who doesn't pick up after their pet, pick it up for them. Then follow them back to their site and leave it there for them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take a somewhat more aggressive stance. I'll admit it - we are "glampers" - concrete pads, fancy club houses, heated pools, etc. Gone are our camping days (unless we're with the grandkids - then it is camping indeed). When you shell out the long buck in these places, you expect people to abide by the rules. Period. I have absolutely no problem reporting offending pet owners to management and I invite management to feel free to tell them who complained. My experience is that unless you put these inconsiderate people on the spot, they will continue to abuse the rules. Of course, I always talk to the offenders the first time and I do it nicely, but after that, the gloves are off. Camping is a sociable, friendly endeavor - people who don't control their pets are not friendly or sociable.

My pet is a cute, harmless little Cavalier and no uncontrolled "pet" is going to hurt this little girl. Also, don't pick up you mutts poop? Get out. I believe in being sociable, not being a doormat. By the way, most of the "poop violators" seem to be "night walkers".

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    I.

My pet is a cute, harmless little Cavalier ".
    Here lies the big problem.with most dog.owners. their dog.can do no.wrong. I own a dog and NEVER believe she is not.capable.of.snapping at another animal if threatened or feel.her pack is threatened. Any owner that doesn't believe this is just plain wrong. Sorry but they are all animals. Again this is coming from an owner of a Lab....

YMMV
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is scared of strange dogs. I know this is unbelievable to those who worship their dogs, but not everybody likes dogs. Dogs pick up on fear and some become aggressive. She has been charged by unattended dogs while we were trying to walk through RV parks on multiple occasions. And the reaction of the stupid, lazy, inconsiderate owners is usually enough to make my blood boil.

I had a police dog, went through months of initial and ongoing training and worked with my dog every day all shift long for three years. He lived with us as well. And I still couldn't predict what he was going to do all the time. He once charged a girl at a university while I was giving a presentation on drugs in front of an entire auditorium of students and teachers. Fortunately I had my boot on the leash and was able to stop him. And I can't tell you how many stewardesses at airports would approach him the wrong way and trigger him. Point being, anyone who says they know what their dog will do all the time is full of crap, period.

Poor management at RV parks who won't enforce the rules is a large part of the problem. And don't even get me started on all the people who take their dogs everywhere they go (Walmart, Home Depot, etc.) and walk right past the "No Dogs Allowed" signs as if they weren't even there. End of rant.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Here lies the big problem.with most dog.owners. their dog.can do no.wrong. I own a dog and NEVER believe she is not.capable.of.snapping at another animal if threatened or feel.her pack is threatened. Any owner that doesn't believe this is just plain wrong. Sorry but they are all animals. Again this is coming from an owner of a Lab....

YMMV
    Jim
    Perhaps you didn't read my post thoroughly. I said that to emphasize she is a harmless (YES - harmless) little pet who has an owner that will never allow another persons dog to attack her. If you are going to use the quote, please use it in context, which was: "My pet is a cute, harmless little Cavalier and no uncontrolled "pet" is going to hurt this little girl." I also never let my pet approach people without their permission, so please don't classify me as the "big problem".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast