User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed Sound Bar.

I raised the TV as high as I could and installed a sound bar immediately under the TV. Now it raises and lowers with the TV - and the sound is soooooo much better. It's a Samsung 2.1 channel sound bar; sub is behind the recliners.

I mounted a crossbar on the televator channels and mounted the sound bar on to of that crossbar. Used the fibre optic output from the TV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7711.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	13763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7712.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	13764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7713.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	13765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7714.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	13766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7718.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	13767
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the install! I have that same bar that I added to my 310GK. I bet raising the TV has the added benefit of the remote control working better.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryZechman View Post
    Love the install! I have that same bar that I added to my 310GK. I bet raising the TV has the added benefit of the remote control working better.
    Absolutely it improved the remote working better! I was hoping it would and it worked out well.

I would like to have raised the TV another 1/2" higher so it just met the bottom of the overhead cabinet but then the cover over TV when it is lowered would not sit sit level as the TV was too high. Considered routing that cover but there wasn't enough thickness.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Absolutely it improved the remote working better! I was hoping it would and it worked out well. I would like to have raised the TV another 1/2" higher so it just met the bottom of the overhead cabinet but then the cover over TV when it is lowered would not sit sit level as the TV was too high. Considered routing that cover but there wasn't enough thickness.
    Thanks for this.

Did you relocate the switch that raises/lowers the TV? In our 310GK it is centered on the TV in the upper cabinets, and from the factory the TV already rises to 1 3/4" from the cabinet and hand has to be jammed in to lower the TV. When raised to that max level, the lower edge of the TV is right *at* the level of the cabinet that it lowers into. So even if I moved the elevator switch to the side (where GD should have put it anyway) and raised the TV to nearly-touch the upper cabinet the 2.1" sound bar would not be fully above the cabinet in which it lives.

Is my TV a different size from yours? It's 25.25" tall, 43.5" wide.

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Installed Sound Bar.

Weird. This is exactly what I did a few months before you, in February of 2018.
    Did you get the idea from my install post or are we both just audio geniuses?

[emoji3]

Here’s mine:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...System-Install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-25-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMB, I don't recall seeing yours but, heck, 2018 was too long ago for me to remember.

boyscout,
    just saw you questioned about relocating the TV raise/lower switch. I did move mine. Into the cabinet with the radio. It makes a lot more sense up there but the GD folks are still putting them in the same place mine was originally. What ever happened to constant engineering changes to improve things?
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    DMB, I don't recall seeing yours but, heck, 2018 was too long ago for me to remember.

boyscout,
    just saw you questioned about relocating the TV raise/lower switch. I did move mine. Into the cabinet with the radio. It makes a lot more sense up there but the GD folks are still putting them in the same place mine was originally. What ever happened to constant engineering changes to improve things?
    Thanks Larry. I did the mod well over a year ago. I moved the switch to the left side close to the wall, adjusted the TV so that at its maximum lift position it's touching the bottom of the cabinets, and installed the Visio sound bar tight under the lower edge of the TV such that it *almost* clears the top of the fireplace cabinet from which it rises.

However soon after doing that work I learned that the 310GK has a "secret" compartment over the fireplace - the trim piece there flips down to reveal a space plenty large enough for a sound bar and other things. If I was starting over I'd be tempted to just put the sound bar in there.

However there's been another bonus from raising the TV: it's remote control works a lot better since the bottom of the TV where its receiver is located is now raised well above the cabinet. (Sitting in the recliner I used to have to raise the remote high above my head and operate it by feel to get the TV to respond to it!)
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Thanks Larry. I did the mod well over a year ago. I moved the switch to the left side close to the wall, adjusted the TV so that at its maximum lift position it's touching the bottom of the cabinets, and installed the Visio sound bar tight under the lower edge of the TV such that it *almost* clears the top of the fireplace cabinet from which it rises.

However soon after doing that work I learned that the 310GK has a "secret" compartment over the fireplace - the trim piece there flips down to reveal a space plenty large enough for a sound bar and other things. If I was starting over I'd be tempted to just put the sound bar in there, but there's been another bonus from raising the TV: it's remote control works a lot better since the bottom of the TV where its receiver is located is now raised well above the cabinet. (Sitting in the recliner I used to have to raise the remote high above my head and operate it by feel to get the TV to respond to it!)
    geesh - I forgot... Someplace on this web site is my mod for an IR receiver I mounted on top of the TV to control the TV and sound bar so lazy-butt me doesn't have to lift my arm up over the top of the shelf to 'zap' the TV.
    Larry KE4DMG

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a good idea, which I really like and think "I'll definitely do it one day", but never do it in my life. Anyway, thank you that you've started this old thread.