Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike Thompson RV in CA

Any one out there buy a unit from Mike Thompson RV? How was the experience? Also, how is their Service Dept?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my Reflection from Mike Thompson. I think they treated me fairly with a decent deal. The service department installed my Hitch on my truck and did a good job. I probably won't be using their service department because I travel most of the time and live in Montana. My salesman Caleb Grey (Riverside) has always been available, even for some minor warranty work after the sale. I was in Arizona a few months back and Orangewood RV in Surprise, AZ did some warranty work for me. They too are very good. More of a family (smaller) size, but they were selling Grand Designs RV products and the prices seemed pretty good. They have quite a few on there lot.

Good luck on your quest...
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana
    2014 Grand Designs Reflection 293RES #0477
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Jim!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim and welcome to the forums.
    There are several sites on the internet that list reviews of businesses, etc. by customers.
    Just Google "Mike Thompson RV reviews" Of course, reviews are mostly done by unsatisfied customers. There could be 100's of happy customers who usually don't go online and tell others how happy they are with their purchase and service.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jim

We purchased Tudee from Mike Thompson in Fountain Valley. They were the closest dealer to where we live. We also purchased our Montana from them in 2004. We were treated fairly both times but we don't use them for service because we live more about an hour and a half away.

Grand Design has been wonderful about allowing us to use a local place for warranty repairs. We still have two issues that they weren't able to fix but hopefully they can be addressed at the rally in September.

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought our Solitude from the Sante Fe springs store and had a very good experience. The sales staff was very informative on the Grand Design and they were not pushy at all. We got a great price for the unit and a great trade in price on our old trailer. We had an Outback TT we bought from the Colton Store 5 years ago and same good sales experience there. I only used their service department one time with no issues. Nothing bad to report on their service department so that’s a plus in my book. I have a couple of non-critical items I will be taking the Solitude in for after our Sequoia trip in July. I will let follow up then
    Gary
    Gary and Jo
    Corona Ca
    2014 Solitude 305RE (Odyssey)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel (Apollo)