Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

washer and dryer

I have read several entries regarding installation of washer and dryers in Solitude 305 REs. The entries indicated they were most satisfied with Splendide brand washers and dryers. However, from the research I've done, it appears they make only stackables or combination units. My 305 have space in the front closet for a washer on the passenger side and a dryer on the driver's side. What make and models fit in that space?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jergrimes View Post
    I have read several entries regarding installation of washer and dryers in Solitude 305 REs. The entries indicated they were most satisfied with Splendide brand washers and dryers. However, from the research I've done, it appears they make only stackables or combination units. My 305 have space in the front closet for a washer on the passenger side and a dryer on the driver's side. What make and models fit in that space?
    We have the Splendide stackables (they don't have to be stacked) in our 305RE.
    Steve & Mary - Fairfax, VA
    2014 Solitude 305RE
    2011 Ford F-450 Lariat DRW

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stackable units can be used desperately.

To stack them, they need a connection kit.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duh! Silly me. Maybe they should be labeled as "Stackables or Not". Thanks for the responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question I just bought a solitude 368RD and want to put in a washer and maybe a dryer. I see where the water and drain are for the washer but where is the electricity ??????? can't find any outlets in the closet. Am I missing something?????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06redram` View Post
    I have a question I just bought a solitude 368RD and want to put in a washer and maybe a dryer. I see where the water and drain are for the washer but where is the electricity ??????? can't find any outlets in the closet. Am I missing something?????
    We have the 369Rl but I think the bedroom setup is the same. My husband installed our washer and dryer. He said the plug is on the underside of the shelf above where the washer fits in. It is a duplex outlet but only half of ours was open. He took an exacto knife and cut out the slots and it was ready to go.
    Hope this helps!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information I pick my unit up next Tuesday and I'll look then I thought it strange than they would onlt put in plumbing and not electric

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    plug is on the underside of the shelf above where the washer fits in. It is a duplex outlet but only half of ours was open. He took an exacto knife and cut out the slots and it was ready to go.
    I believe that they set it up so you can only plug the washer or dryer into the outlet, not both as running both will surely overload the 15A breaker.

On ours there's an electric outlet on each side of the wardrobe that only the top is open and they're wired to separate, dedicated breakers.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I believe that they set it up so you can only plug the washer or dryer into the outlet, not both as running both will surely overload the 15A breaker.

On ours there's an electric outlet on each side of the wardrobe that only the top is open and they're wired to separate, dedicated breakers.

Dave
    Hey Dave!
    Yes you are correct on the outlet. Our washer and dryer are on the opposite sides of the closet anyway. The only reason he opened it up was so I could plug in my hair dryer!! Works great!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ddturner

we had a splindide washer installed before we picked up out 368RD, the reason is because we had a 2014 solitude 305RE and went to Flordia last winter and we were spending a ton of money at the laundra mat. When we got back we had a few monor problems with the 305RE and took it to General Rv for repair and made the mistake of looking at other trailers while we were there and bought the 368RD so I thought why not get a washer and dryer well my wife liked the washer idea she liked to hang clothes outside so we just have the washer my wife loves it it is very easy to use depending on what you wash you set the machine for that and it sets water level drum speed etc heck I think even I could run it don't tell my wife I said that. it is a little expensive but I think 3 winters in flordia it will pay for it self I think you will love it. not to mention you don't have to leave the trailer
    2006 Ram 3500 Maxi Cab 4X4 w/ 5.9L Cummins H/O Common Rail Turbo Diesel :o
    2014 Solitude 305RE #428 owned for 1 year Loved it :cool:
    2014 Solitude 368RD with Rear Table and Chairs #555 this is our current 5th wheel :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast