User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I suppose that would be easier. It just doesn't sit well with me to have to install another switch when I bought a 5th wheel that I thought had one already.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always put a separate shut off switch on the hot side directly from battery.
    When I store it for any amount of time no power anywhere saves battery and piece of mind

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the "battery disconnect" switch is ON, does that mean the connection is open or closed? I prefer to call it the "battery switch". Then if it's on, power is applied. If it's off, battery power is disabled.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this switch on my 2970. Very simple install when I added the second battery.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...connect+switch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Happy Campers View Post
    I installed one of these; https://www.wirthco.com/20188.html it is a blade disconnect that I installed next to the battery in the front compartment. It was simple to install you just need an 18" negative battery cable you attached to the negative side of the battery and the left side of the disconnect. The original negative battery cable attaches to the other side that then goes to the trailer wiring. You simply open the blade to disconnect all power to the trailer and close the blade to re-connect the power.

I did the same. I figured taking 5 minutes to add this shutoff as compared to who knows how long to rewire buss bars and crossing fingers I did it correctly was an easy decision.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to remove and store my battery at home during the cold weather. After looking through the owners manual it states “ALWAYS turn OFF the power converter BEFORE disconnecting the battery.”

Is this a switch on the converter itself or a switch somewhere else?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    I want to remove and store my battery at home during the cold weather. After looking through the owners manual it states “ALWAYS turn OFF the power converter BEFORE disconnecting the battery.”

Is this a switch on the converter itself or a switch somewhere else?
    Depends on whether you want to disconnect the battery fronm the converter (12V switch usually in the pass through storage) and leave the rest of the trailer 12V powered by the converter . . . or turn off the converter by turning off the appropriate breaker in the panel (or, just unplugging the trailer shorepower cord.)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. My shore power cord is not connected, I’ll turn the breaker off before removing the battery.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Thanks Rob. My shore power cord is not connected, I’ll turn the breaker off before removing the battery.
    If the shore power cord is not connected I see no purpose in turning the converter circuit breaker off. With the shore power cord disconnected the converter will not be energized
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Versus staring a new thread I thought I would just continue this one.

I would like to relocate the battery switch from the curb side front wall of the pass thru to the street side propane storage on the wall behind the propane tank. The inside would be directly above the battery and this would be much easier to access the switch without having to unlock the storage door and reach in there to get to it. I would put it in the front storage above the battery but again I would have to unlock the door and bend over to get in there. Just looking for a more convenient place for this. I want it out of the pass thru because I would like to use the whole space in there and always worry about breaking the handle off by hitting it with something.
    All thoughts and input would be nice.
    Thanks....

Brian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast