Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SAT Receiver Hookup

First trip with new Reflection. First day everything went well until I tried to hook up my sat receiver. Two coax connections in entertainment center but neither is labeled. From book it looks like top is cable and bottom is sat. It seems like the coax cable in the center goes to the TV but not sure. My sat receiver doesn't have a coax output, only HDMI and audiovisual. Has anyone fished an HDMI cable down to the TV?

This is quite an oversight as many HD cable and sat boxes no longer have coax outputs.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

nguyenbio
    I actually just went fishing! Hooked up my HDMI from my dish box, down the back of the entertainment center, then to the TV. THAT WAS AN ORDEAL! You must first remove the stereo from the top center and then have to fish your HDMI cable down the inside of the cabinet and out a small hole located near the bottom left corner of the TV. As far as the sat. coax, your "sat. in "connection is the one that so unoccupied. The one that is already attached is for cable or over the air. Be sure to hook up your sat. to the correct input located in the front compartment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. In ours, there is a shelf above the stereo. I wanted the sat receiver there so I had to drill a hole to run cable down to compartment where stereo is. Removed the stereo and TV then fished the cable thru the hole I made then down thru the existing hole behind stereo. Used an existing cable to tie the HDMI to (I used duct tape) and pulled it thru the hole behind the TV. I also taped a piece if wire to the cable when I pulled it down from the top so I could pull it back up once the HDMI was in place. Kind of a pain but it worked.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, looks like a project for when we get home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased/installed a Winegard Pathway X1 and 211z receiver (portable dish satellite SD/HD) over the weekend. I took the LR TV off the mount and taped a wire to the rg6 coaxial and pulled it up and through both holes. Was actually fairly easy. Then I taped the HDMI cable to the wire, and pulled rg6 coaxial and HDMI cable back down and through the holes. Offset the two cables to minimize thickness when pulling them back through. I was able to do this without taking the stero out. Located the receiver in top left cabinet and installed a smaller rg6 length coaxial to receiver and satellite outlet along with HDMI cable. Reconnected rg6 coaxial and HDMI cable and audio cables to TV. Plugged TV back in and remounted. Connected rg6 coaxial to LR satellite outlet outside and set up Pathway X1 with southern star clearance to the rg6 . Went back inside, plugged in receiver, turned on TV and followed prompts to set up satellite. Called Dish to activate and in no time had satellite in the LR. I kept the RV Park cable connected so I have Cable TV in the BR until I get back home to dealership and have them re-route wiring so the satellite receiver works in all three TV locations on the RV. I wasn't happy with the Furrion TV picture quality in the LR with park cable but now that I have satellite installed the picture is outstanding so I'm good. Picture quality on park cable in the BR is great so not sure why the LR wasn't good....I know it's not the TV, now.... so feel good about that.
    Bbirds14
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Zeus and Barnaby, Golden Retrievers
    F250 Lariat, SWB, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4 (Kodi)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #494