User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    I know this thread is over a year old, but we’re looking to possibly upgrade to 28bh. However, I’m worried about the new triple bunk design. It isn’t a problem now with a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old boy, but what about when they’re 6’ tall? I haven’t been in a 2020 yet. Just curious what everyone thinks. I’m also looking at the 31mb.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What are you upgrading from and how long have you had it? How long til the kiddos outgrow the bunks in the 2800? My thought is , if your family likes it , the floor plan is good for y’all, and the kiddos won’t outgrow the bunks for 5-7 years, go for it. Some folks may keep an RV for 10 years or more , but I’m thinking most don’t.
    Good luck with your decision , Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    I know this thread is over a year old, but we’re looking to possibly upgrade to 28bh. However, I’m worried about the new triple bunk design. It isn’t a problem now with a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old boy, but what about when they’re 6’ tall? I haven’t been in a 2020 yet. Just curious what everyone thinks. I’m also looking at the 31mb.
    Thanks
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We have the 31MB - got it in April of 2019. We also have a 7 year old Granddaughter, and her brother is 3 years old. My GD goes with us several times a year since she was 3. Her brother will start this year, but has stayed the rig on a "campout" in the Driveway. The kids love it, and when the GD gets a pout on she can go in and close the doors on the world for a bit... We picked it over the 28BH and the 311BHS. Fit our needs and ticked more boxes than anything else we had looked at.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    What are you upgrading from and how long have you had it? How long til the kiddos outgrow the bunks in the 2800? My thought is , if your family likes it , the floor plan is good for y’all, and the kiddos won’t outgrow the bunks for 5-7 years, go for it. Some folks may keep an RV for 10 years or more , but I’m thinking most don’t.
    Good luck with your decision , Charlie
    Thanks for the reply. I'm coming from a 2017 Jayco 27bhs. It has the double over double bunks that are large enough for 6' 1" me to sleep in. The new 28bh bunks seem incredibly smaller. We're hoping to look at one and the 31mb in a bit. I guess that's the best way to judge it for ourselves. As for the layout, who can't love all that counter space and the larger fridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 5’-11” 15 yr old could barely fit in bunks in the 2020 model, plus you loose outside storage but gain more inside. We were set on the 2020 until we tried the bunks, we then found a 2018 to buy which was a better fit for my kids.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what it looks like from studying photos on the internet. Maybe I’ll keep my eyes open for a 2018 or 2019. Won’t hurt to walk through a 2020 though. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still see some new 2019 28BH on RVTrader...a dwindling few. The old, pre-2020, floor plan was better in my opinion. The fact that there was double bunks, with storage and a pocket door without a whole room being dedicated to it was a great use of space. Add to that a great open living area, plenty of counter space, nice place for kids to sleep but not a bunk room which either lengthens the trailer or compresses other more important spaces. I have the 285BHTS, the TT sister floor plan that went away in 2020, and am very happy with it. My decision was TV motivated (have a bed slide and hard tonneau on the truck I did not want to give up). It would be interesting to know the data/reason for the 2020 floorplan mods and you wonder how much was based on customer feedback. ...maybe the feedback of slow sales pushed the change but I liked the older/pre ‘20 floorplan. Hope you find a great older model and have much fun using it!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I went through a 2020 290bh at an RV show to look at the bunk design. I can’t believe kids don’t roll off the top bunks. This made my decision of looking for a pre-2020 or possibly a 31mb. I’d love to see pictures of the 28bh bunks that people have changed to stop the 5’ drop that kids would get rolling off.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for an update. Just put the deposit down on a 2021 28bh. Found one 2018 and it was $3k less than new. Now time to find a hitch for my 2019 F250. Any idea how long the wait will be for my new baby?
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It finally happened. Had my 7 yo daughter rolled off the top bunk in the middle of night. No injuries, but now I’ve got to make some sort of rail. I’m thinking of using iron pipe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	28841
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear your daughter is ok. I made one out of pine - 1"X4"'s with 3 uprights and 2 horizontal rails, screwed and glued together then stained. I marked 3 holes then took the side rail (Trim board) off the bed and drilled 3 holes for T nuts (5/16 t nuts I think). I then drilled corresponding holes in the new bed railing. Using 2" bolts I then bolted it on (You do have to drill into the bed frame a little for clearance for the bolts). I take it off when the bed is not in use with a ratchet and socket I keep in the bunkroom for that purpose. That way we can put it in the stored position (My 8 year old Grand daughter hits her head on it when its down). My 4 year old grandson loves it. The only thing I MAY change is that Trim board on the bed. It's MDF and I don't like it. I may make an Oak board instead.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast