User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Actually, to get off the Andersens, if you pulled forward to get onto them, you should back up, as pulling forward could result in damaging them.
    The documents with the Beech Lane's say to do the same thing. That is back up to get onto the blocks, pull forward to get off them.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 10 months in but no issues with my Andersens. I bought a 10$ hard rubber door mat and cut it in strips too. We place it under the levelers to prevent slip and i imagine provide an even pressure surface which may limit breakage. Definitely part of my "must haves" when people ask me about our trailer.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beech Lanes are highly recommended on another forum. We just bought the red ones because we have a much smaller, lighter trailer than you all are hauling. We went straight to Lowe’s and bought friction tape made to adhere to painted stairs. Reviewers of the levelers (about 1/10 or so) complain that the levelers shoot out from under tires just as they are driving up on them. By tractioning BOTH sides, grass, gravel, concrete, asphalt, and wet tires should be good to go. Our problem was everywhere we’ve been is not level enough, but too close for even one layer of 2x or a single layer of yellow waffle. N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Beech Lanes are highly recommended on another forum. We just bought the red ones because we have a much smaller, lighter trailer than you all are hauling. We went straight to Lowe’s and bought friction tape made to adhere to painted stairs. Reviewers of the levelers (about 1/10 or so) complain that the levelers shoot out from under tires just as they are driving up on them. By tractioning BOTH sides, grass, gravel, concrete, asphalt, and wet tires should be good to go. Our problem was everywhere we’ve been is not level enough, but too close for even one layer of 2x or a single layer of yellow waffle. N
    It took us many trips but we finally realized our solution to the ".25-.5 off level". We use the flat orange topper block to our linx levelers. It is not as thick as the normal levelers blocks and even easier than trying to raise that very small amount on our curved levelers.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Beech Lanes are highly recommended on another forum...Reviewers of the levelers (about 1/10 or so) complain that the levelers shoot out from under tires just as they are driving up on them...Our problem was everywhere we’ve been is not level enough, but too close for even one layer of 2x or a single layer of yellow waffle. N
    Well I have tried them on concrete, and they did not slide. This weekend I will be trying them out at our SASS match, and the range where the RVs park is sandy grass (river flood plain). That should be a good test of the Beech Lane's.

On the friction tape, what seemed to be a common theme on the tape failing, was that it was a very hot day and that the tires were also quite warm when leveling was started. There was some speculation that the heat was softening the glue on the tape.

Now what is truly cool is is when you have the LevelMatePro! When I was testing out the Beech Lane levelers as I would back up, the display would move from negative to green and then you would see +.25, +.50, +75...all the way to 4" and then bounce as you rolled past the top!

Really with these curved levelers I am not sure for a TT or 5ver if auto levelers can be that much faster or easier.

I will differ with manufacturers on how to mount them. The OEMs suggest that you back onto them, and then drive forward to dismount. What I suggest is that you determine which direction you want to mount/dismount. There may be times you may want to drive forward on them to mount...always mount up the surface of the leveler, and dismount going down the surface...because of the surface or rather lack of surface you are parking your trailer upon.

I was about to replace some of my plastic bricks. The Beech Lane(s) cost about what two boxes of bricks cost, are far easier to use, are at least as easy to store if not more so, and make getting side-to-side much more accurate.

The combo really is the LevelMatePro ver 2 and the Beech Lane Levelers or Andersen Levelers. I think the Beech Lane is probably better, but I haven't seen the Andersen's.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of the Beech Levelers and the first time we went to use them we were on gravel and they did slide. We switched to wood blocks the time it happened and we were frustrated.I haven't had much of an issue with them sliding on concrete but after my gravel experience I make sure to really shove them in. I have been pulling forward on them so now after reading the forum I will back up on them. I am also thinking about getting some of the non skid tape and putting it on the bottom side. I do have auto level but when a site is really out of balance I want to keep my wheels on the ground.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If things get slippery with the Andersens, I carry a couple pieces of rubber mat I put under them. Always solves the problem so far.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any update on the Beech Lane Camper Leveler? Santa wants to know
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to make my own from wood, for $15 and a little of my time why not. Found a guy who made his own on a forum and he put his plans on there.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Any update on the Beech Lane Camper Leveler? Santa wants to know
    Tell Santa we are extremely pleased with the Beech Lane levelers. I have used them on some uneven ground that would have made me nervous with the Andersens and they held up splendidly. They also don't slip out from under the tires like the Andersens were prone to do. I don't know how Santa would use them on his sleigh, though...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast