User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    To answer those questions, yes, you place the longer pieces (one under each tire on a tandem) and pull forward to the thicker end until the desired height is obtained (I think it gives 4" of lift), then put the smaller piece of the leveler behind the tire to hold it in place.

To get off, you simply pull forward...
    Actually, to get off the Andersens, if you pulled forward to get onto them, you should back up, as pulling forward could result in damaging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Actually, to get off the Andersens, if you pulled forward to get onto them, you should back up, as pulling forward could result in damaging them.
    Someone better tell that to the company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JQV15VzBc

I know, only a sample of one, but I did it that way for years without issue.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After pulling forward on to the levelers you put the chock piece in behind the tire and the tire sits on the chock and the leveler. So to get off of them first you go forward to remove the chock, then go backwards to get off the leveler.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I didn't find this product mentioned anywhere on the forum, so starting a new thread.

Having just broken my third Andersen leveler in three years (partially my fault, but still...), I ran across these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-...Blevelers&th=1

They tout a different resin and say they "... don't break like other levelers). They are rated for 5,000 lbs. more than the Andersens and have a non-skid surface on them. Any exposure or experience out there? Anyone hear of the company before?

Rob
    They are roughly 2 lbs heaver (each) than the Andersons. I also like the friction skin as I have seen Anderson's slip out from under a tire. Ill probably order a pair at some point.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Beech Lane Levelers

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    After pulling forward on to the levelers you put the chock piece in behind the tire and the tire sits on the chock and the leveler. So to get off of them first you go forward to remove the chock, then go backwards to get off the leveler.
    Agreed. It’s not logical to drive off the end of a ramp when backing down is an option.
    On our first trip out, I accidentally pulled forward too far and when the wheel came over the front edge it cracked one of the ramps, possibly because it was on concrete, but Andersen replaced it minus $12 for shipping and told me the video was wrong.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Andersen replaced it minus $12 for shipping and told me the video was wrong.
    Hilarious. Someone actually did tell them! Doesn't instill confidence that they still have it on their website.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Hilarious. Someone actually did tell them! Doesn't instill confidence that they still have it on their website.
    I think it’s a relatively small company, they probably can’t afford to film another commercial just to correct a 1 second mistake.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I do like the texture idea on those fake Andersens, but putting it on both sides would make more sense.
    I might just buy some textured bed-liner spray or something similar and apply it to my Andersens.
    Probably hit the red Andersen buckets while I'm at it. I'm not sure how much good it will do, but at the very least my leveling set will be black instead of bright red.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the Beech Lane from Amazon (for less than the Andersons) today now that they are back in stock. Lifetime warranty, and the seller says if you cut a few inches to get clearance between the tires (manufacturer says you can do that) they will honor the warranty. They are rated by the manufacturer for 35,000 pounds.

The grip tape surface is not included in the warranty, but is replaceable according to the manufacturer. It looks easily replaced. They weigh just under 8 pounds each.

Beech Lane says to back onto the blocks to level and then install the chocks. To remove, remove the chocks first, then drive forward.

They are 6" wide by 15" long. I have not seen the Andersons so I cannot compare the two. However, the Beech Lane look very tough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180918_130903.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	15204
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that's good to know. We have the Anderson's now but if they break again we will get the Beech Lane's.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast