User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's update (for what it is worth). I called Lippert tech support back and talked to a different person. Again, given the Lippert frame p/n and serial number he pulled up the specs for my trailer. He said the front jacks should be tilted, but could not find any dimension or tolerance on the angle. He strongly recommended NOT running them full stroke with a load as that will wear out the jacks from the side load. He did not know why they were tilted. So my conclusion is 1) This tilt is intentional 2) No idea what the spec (angle or tolerance) is 3) Try to limit the amount of stroke WHILE UNDER LOAD or provide slip plate as people have suggested to limit wear or damage to the jacks.

Note: This applies to hydraulic jacks. From what I have found, electric jacks should be vertical.

I have two phone calls and one EMail into Grand Design. No reply yet (only the second day). I will be curious 1) if they reply and 2) If they have anything interesting to say. If so, I will add it here. Otherwise I consider this matter closed (but will leave the thread open if others what to add anything).

As always, thank you to all that have chimed in on the subject. The collective wisdom here is truly a great resource. Thank you.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone, I have been lurking this sight for almost a year now while I did my research on GD Solitude, this sight is AWESOME!! We finally made a purchase in Sept, GD 310GK WOOHOO!! Very Excited!! However we did notice the angle on the front landing gears did not match, see photo. I called GD Customer Support several times and got passed around to different people none of whom had an answer. I finally got an answer that seemed somewhat reasonable from a sales person, go figure!! The front landing gears are supposed to be angled outward and the tolerance is 0 - 5 degrees. I measured the drivers side landing gear and it is at 1.7 degrees from plum, the passengers side is 4.7 degrees from plum, both are within the tolerances given by the GD Customer Support person but they do look strange. I cannot say that this is the correct answer to the question as to whether or not the landing gears should be angled outward but I have accepted it for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180920_174039[1].jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm on mine it is the drivers side that has a large angleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	15656
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are different too; haven't measured them. I've driven around the dealer lot since becoming concerned about ours and see that there's anything but consistency in them.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 375res, both of the front jacks are angled out at the bottom. They both seem to be angled out the same. The other four appear to be vertical. They have been this way sense new.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    On my 375res, both of the front jacks are angled out at the bottom. They both seem to be angled out the same. The other four appear to be vertical. They have been this way sense new.
    Same with the jacks on mine, angled out slightly on both sides. I really think they do it to make it more stable when the jacks are down.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have the same thing on my 2018 - Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!
    The passenger side is angled on mine and I would guess it is withing the +/- 5 degrees

I would say that it is that way because of lacking tight tolerances for quality control on the frame squaring
    but that is just a guess... I don't think it is that way to increase stability since they don't maintain the
    same pattern. But from here, if it is working and not getting ready to snap, I will live with it.
    Bigfred and Anna

2018 Solitude 300GK
    2020 F350 DRW Platium

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup sure looks funny. Thought sure the frame was twisted, but what the heck, long as it works (kind of) I'm good to go. Way past wanting to hit the road.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely on purpose. The mounting brackets are fabricated with an angle built in to them (at least on mine.)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Solitude 385 and both my front jack angle out. I use the Anderson magnetic red blocks and haven’t had any problems.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast