Maybe I haven't figured it out yet but this has got me mad enough to spit nails. It seems when we are out and need to refuel we pull into the truck stops to fill up. On several occasions I have gotten the ol' 'stink eye' from the truck - tractor drivers while I dash in to prepay for fuel. I am getting more than a little tired of the looks and a comment or two about the diesel fuel island being for "professional drivers" only. If I could fit my rig out front I would be more than willing to do it. Better to do that and not risk a ride in a patrol car or a hospital visit the next time I hear some guy tell me to move my rv because I am not a professional driver.

Another thing is the major truck centers will allow pay - at - the - pump at the diesel fuel island but if I do and I use a cc they block off $200 on the card. If I use a debit card they block off $500 which can do a number on a checking account. I have to take extra time doing this dog and pony show, go in prepay and then come back out. It's not like I want to do this rv dance and at times the pumps are a long distance from the clerk station.

I don't want to have to get a 'reward card' for every dang retailer of fuel but it looks like I might have to carry 5 or 6 of those things around.

Is it true that it is illegal for rv's to use the truck-tractor diesel island at any truck stop in Indiana and Oregon?

I have a truck w/out an aux fuel tank so you can imagine how often I have to go through this.

How do you guys do it?