User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw your pics on the mods you have done. Very nice! I sure wish I had a place to work on the rig. It is a royal pain in the but traveling out to the storage site. Very nice work.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Re: the picture you posted above, ohhh Rob, if only I had your time and skill! What's that blocky thing hanging down in front off your (I think) main water input?
    Hi Mark,

Your "homework for today" is to read page 10 of the attachment to post 1 of the linked thread . . .

That is a solenoid valve wired to my electric water heater switch. When we leave the trailer, I shut off the water heater which also closes this valve shutting off the city water supply. Does the same thing as walking around to turn off the spigot at the post or disconnecting the hose . . . just easier to remember and easier to do.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    Nice work...looks good. Would like to see how you retrofitted the tank handles. I hate those things.
    Hi Dean,

I started out to route the pull cables under the floor to clear my future furnace removal plan. I was installing all new gate valves because of leak and operation issues. In reading the installation info that came with the new Valterra valves and cable, I realized that the OE cable routing wasn't even close to the valve manufacturer's recommendation. So I played around with different routings until a found ones where the cable friction was no greater in place than laid out straight. I ended up buying a longer cable to get to the farthest grey tank gate valve. Some have recommended shortening the cables to get them to work better. I found that long gentle bends and fastening the cables for straight in/out of the handle and in/out of the gate valve, worked best. (This follows the Valterra installation instructions).

See also this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...582#post166582 about how I installed zerk grease fittings on my gate valves so that they can be lubricated in place. Of course . . . this only works because I can open the coroplast access doors.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dean,

How are you going to accommodate the "fill tank with pump" scenario? The RF doesn't have that option but the RF1 does. If I am dry camping, I haul water in with potable tanks and pump the those tanks into the onboard fresh water tank with the current configuration of the KantLeak. Are you reusing the "Normal/Sanitize" valve already in place?

I know from Rob's (Cate&Rob) write up he replaced it with a better valve to eliminate the plastic point of failure. That's what I am considering too but keeping the valve in place.

Pat Wardell (Gyro Gearloose) did a nice replacement of the KantLeak by re-using the hot water bypass valve from the existing KantLeak (all brass). https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=Kantleak

Keep us posted on your progress! This is next on my list to be done. I'm living on borrowed time with the KantLeak valve right now.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

That is a solenoid valve wired to my electric water heater switch. When we leave the trailer, I shut off the water heater which also closes this valve shutting off the city water supply. Does the same thing as walking around to turn off the spigot at the post or disconnecting the hose . . . just easier to remember and easier to do.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

How do you dump the pressure from the system when you shut off the water with the solenoid valve? I know it's not a lot of pressure but could still leave a mess if something fails.

Thanks,

Lyle
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
    Hi Rob,

How do you dump the pressure from the system when you shut off the water with the solenoid valve? I know it's not a lot of pressure but could still leave a mess if something fails.

Thanks,

Lyle
    Hi Lyle,

I don't typically dump the pressure because if something burst it is a relatively small amount of water. Not like what can happen in a few hours with the city water connected. If you wanted to further minimize any risk, it would be as simple as opening a nearby faucet (probably the kitchen tap or flushing the toilet) after closing the solenoid valve, to take water system pressure to zero. This would take a second or two with a regular water system . . . a little longer with my accumulator tank capacity.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob,

I got the valve body installed and it works great! And, more importantly, there are NO leaks. The filling of the fresh water tank is that same as with the old plastic valve body - the open and close toggle on the upper right corner of the panel. Then the "Fill Valve" positioned at the "Tank Fill" position. But yes the MANrv102 valves have the 102-1 face plate with the "Sanitize/Winterize" function but it naturally does not work on the 102 valve.

It's easy putting the new one in. But be prepared to change the middle "T" from a female to a male. And have some PEX with you in case you have to reposition some lines like I did.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12