User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    BBJonbo

Fan-Tastic Fan Power Availability in 303RLS

About to purchase a Reflection 303RLS but plan on having add-ons installed by a different less costly service dealer. The dealer where I will be purchasing the 303 makes a killing on after market accessories and won't even negotiate free or heavily discounted add-ons to sweeten the deal. First time in all my years of buying RVs that add-ons aren't used to help close the deal and surprised this particular dealership charges through the nose for add-ons. Guess they see it as a means to get back some of the money from the discounted RV price.

A quick question for those with the 303, is there power available at the vent about the fridge for a fan-tastic fan?

I was thinking of getting the 6600 with RF remote due to the height and assume there is no easy way to wire a wall switch. The RF remote should do the trick assuming there is power available at the vent about the fridge/island.

Jonathan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer will be installing me a large fan with a remote for the fan and outside cover in that opening when my unit comes in from the factory. I think the factory installs a small fan in that vent opening. A 303 owner on this site told me there was a wall switch already for the fan that it comes with.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Jonathan and congratulations on your new Reflection!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 303RLS from our dealer in Mo. We had him put those same Fantastic Fans in both the kitchen and the bathroom. As well as slide toppers. There is switch that activates the original fan under the cabinets as you first walk in the unit. And there are wires available in all locations. Just be aware if you put one in the bathroom as we did, you will need to override the rain sensor on the remote or it will shut down while you are in the shower. Very easy to do, just read the directions. Happy motoring.

Tl1000r
    You can upgrade the fan in the kitchen to a vortex for about 60 bucks , easy to do yourself in 5 min .
    You can turn it on and off from the switch under the cabinet .
    FYI you should put maxx air 2 covers on all of your vents so you can leave them open .

Same thing they are easy to do yourself .

The bathroom I bought a vortex 2 for around a hundred , it has 3 speeds and same as the other less than 5 min install from inside the coach .

BBJonbo
    Thanks for all the great advice. Wasn't aware there was a fan already in the existing vent and wiring to a switch. Awesome. My dealer sold out of the 303RLS so I could only go from the Grand Design website. The 360 views don't even have a vent in the 303RLS in the main living area. Only on the 293RES. The photo gallery showed one but couldn't see that there was a fan. This is all great news.

I have always purchased Maxxair vent covers and definitely will do so again this time. I will look at the Vortex fans as I have always gone with Fan-tastic.

Tl1000r
    Vortex is a quick and easy replacement if you already have a factory fan , I just installed a fantastic fan in the bedroom also .

Shut the bedroom door open he windows and turn the fan on , sleep so much better with cool air being pulled across you .

The fantastic fan is Not a bad job but most people freak out about pulling up the old decor . ( FYI there is 12v constant in the bedroom so the power part of the install is easy )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, to answer your question, YES. I replaced the tiny useless fan with a 6600! Best upgrade I made. The upgrade is very easy just time consuming. Remove the old fan, clean the old sealer. This has to be spotless! I used denatured alcohol for the final clean. I used butyl tape instead of the styrofoam gasket supplied and dicor 502 self leveling sealer. The power is switched from under the hutch. It works great when storing the trailer as the fan can be turned off completely. Took me about 4 hours to do the complete job. I also replaced the bedroom vent with a 4000 and the bathroom fan with a vortec 2.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.